Punch Quest is an arcade-style fighting game, entirely controlled by taps with your left and right thumbs.
Jab, uppercut, slam, and otherwise pummel your way through dungeons full of monsters, branching path choices, rare events, and fragile pottery.
- Unlock and equip many special abilities and Supermoves.
- Ride a dinosaur that shoots lasers out of its mouth.
- Character customization that gets shown off on our friend scoreboards.
- Punch an egg that turns you into a magical gnome.
- Do quests to earn really fancy hats.
- Combo system where you launch enemies into each other from across the map.
Punch Quest is a collaboration between Rocketcat Games (Hook Champ, Mage Gauntlet) and Madgarden (Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal).
- New rare enemy type: Snakes
- Daily sharing bonuses mostly replaced with a button that lets you watch video ads for coins.
- Time Loan penalty removed.
- We added a button turn ads off (if you buy any IAP). This will shut off our chartboost cross-promo stuff and the above video ads.
- Two new Power II abilities. One replaces the slam with a spinning move, and the other changes how Supers work, letting you manually activate them in a huge explosion.
- Shuffling Boosts around to hopefully make the store menu nicer. May play with this more later.
- Confirmation for when you tap the "buy another slot" button in Customize.
- Boot color now matches your gauntlet color.
- Various improvements, bugfixes, tweaks.
- Bugfixes mostly
- Some changes to how we promote games we like, trying to make that prettier.
- New requested feature: Character slots. Each character remembers your costume and power choices, and you can
unlock a second slot for each one.
- Setting Portrait or Landscape in the options menu will now force that orientation.
- Bugfix for the twitter links not working if the game was in Portrait Mode
Quick fix for a bug that prevented Ultra Belts from working if you had over 2 bars of energy.
This update is mostly fixes and balancing, with one new power. In the next updates, we'll be focusing on small content additions and new Pow II skills and Super moves.
- New Power I skill that increases the chance of finding idols.
- Punchos Doubler now works in Spartan Mode. It also now works with Gnomey's big prizes. Also, the doubler is more expensive to get now if you didn't snag it already.
- Some of the really expensive items are a bit cheaper now.
- Stuff is easier to knock over, even if there's enemies nearby. Idols, powerups, so on.
- New stats added.
- More Larries in the Goaticorn segment.
- Bug fixed where Belt/Hat skills weren't counting for quest equips.
- Egg Beater no longer gets consumed in Spartan mode.
- Other fixes.
Quick bugfix update that fixes 3 issues:
- Crashing if you tried to restart too fast as scores were pulled.
- Spartan Mode accidentally getting more spikes in it.
- Always defaulting to scores menu (it was supposed to just use your last tab).
Some fun new content, including a new egg. Also, some price reductions and a Punchos incentive to share the game with your friends.
- New Egg Transform: The Goaticorn. Every third egg or so will transform you into this new form. Can you finally, finally solve the mystery of the egg?
- New Power I Skill: Shadow Step. A very brief teleport that will let you avoid any damage type, even explosions. Try not to teleport directly into a spear.
- Price reductions for Ultrahats and belts and Spartan Mode.
- Using the Share button can now award coins.
- Other tweaks and bugfixes.
More updates coming!
Big update! New items, a new mode, and support/bugfix stuff!
Quick warning: Gnomey gives money instead of hats now on level ups, as we figure out a new reward for him to give. So may want to finish leveling him if you're close.
- New mode! Unlock it from the title screen. Spartan Mode has you start in the dungeon with no skills or powers, and
you must find them at random in a dungeon with new room types!
- New scoreboard for Spartan Mode.
- New Ultra Belts! Change your belt buckle while conveying an extra Power II skill! Very expensive.
- New Share button in the top of the retry screen. If you like the game, use that button to tell your friends via Twitter, messaging, email, or Facebook.
- Ultra Hats changed. They now are buyable straight from that section, cost 200k, but always have a skill on them. Rerolls cost 100k, but always give a Power I skill.
- Gnomey gives money now on level ups, though we plan to give him something else to award later.
- More mystery items. All hats, all the time.
- Price adjustments to the shop. Quests are also adjusted. This is the one we warned about in the popups.
- IAP packs readjusted, they now give more coins per dollar.
- Skip buttons on the quest summary screen, for convenience.
- Quest boxes tell you when you need to buy a new skill, and how many coins you'd need to.
- Fix for the money-eating bug. Email support if you have any issues with data loss, still.
- We can restore idols now. Please email support if you ever lost any.
- We can restore hats now, too.
- Achievement bug fixed! Quests sometimes not completing bug fixed!
- Various other fixes.
***WARNING*** Wait on updating if you've ascended Gnomey. Updating may clear your coins and levels out, so you might want to level your next gnome/buy stuff before updating. One last, embarrassing bug.
This update is mostly bugfixes. Next is the big update.
- Adjustments and backups to data saving, to deal with people losing their data, especially on 6.0.1. This should fix most data loss issues, please email support if you experience any after the update.
- As an apology to people losing their levels, Gnomey levels way faster now and is capped at level 50.
- Adjustments to upgrades, with the path unlock upgrades just given for free now. Remaining upgrades were made more
expensive, to compensate. Also, the harder paths are rarer now.
- Fix for people saying that jumps would repeat if they mashed the jab punch while trying to slam punch.
- You should be able to play while listening to podcasts, again.
- iCloud update: Ultra Hats now get synced to iCloud.
- Extra colors is now buyable straight from the color palette, with no prerequisites.
This update adds 3 new powers to buy, and various tweaks and fixes. Big update should be hitting sometime in December. We may do one more small update between now and then.
- One new Supermove, one new Pow I skill, and one new Pow II skill! Try them out!
- Punchos Doubler should be a little more obvious now that it's actually working.
- Ki Blast fix, there was a bug that made it unresponsive unless you blocked twice, quickly.
- Brief slo-mo effect if you're hit.
- New block setting option, for more precise blocking.
- Coin Doubler says "purchased" if you buy it now.
- Bugfixes and various other stuff.
Crash fix for the last version. Thanks for your patience! Please tell your friends that the game actually runs, now.
Otherwise this update is the same as 1.2:
- New coin doubler!
- Price adjustments for the store. The highest tier items are more expensive now, but not by much.
- IAP coin packs are more generous now. As a gesture to people that bought the old coin packs, the madgarden and rocketcat bonus hats are now no longer available.
- Discocut works against skullsquids now.
- New hat-themed upgrades!
- And more!
**** Some reports of a crash bug with this update. A fix has been submitted, but we're waiting for it to land on the App Store. Keep an eye out for version 1.2.1
Emergency bugfix update! This isn't the update that adds pets, that's coming up next.
- The "sleep crashes games" bug is fixed. This was also deleting save data. This was one of the biggest reasons to do
an emergency update.
- Save system made stronger, especially in regards to Ultra Hats.
- A lot of the bigger bugs fixed.
- Various small requests, like a way to lock rotation in the settings menu.
- Price tweaks. The highest tier items are more expensive now. Mid-tier items are slightly more expensive.
- The cheaper coin packs give more coins now. To reward people that bought the old coin packs, we've made the Rocketcat and Madgarden hats exclusive to them. Starting with this update, you can't get them anymore.
- Some new hat-themed upgrades.
- The scores tab is now the default tab. Various small tweaks to this.
- A coin doubler, because tons of people asked for it.
- Discocut is now invulnerable to electric squids.
- Change to the speed system: Mashing dashing punch now makes you faster. Blocking or jumping sets you to a
jogging speed, if you don't dash punch.
- Gnomey is easier to level now, during his earlier ascensions
- Story cutscene! Just wait for 10 seconds on the main title.
- iCloud save backups, if iCloud is enabled. There's a button in settings to sync up your save. Does not support coins or consumables.
- Powers you get when hallucinating improved
- Store checks refresh if you leave the Get Punchos section and go back in.
- More small tweaks
We'll be watching your feedback for suggestions on the next update! Expect more content, including buyable pets.
Thanks for all the support so far! Send comments on twitter to @rocketcatgames or @madgarden