The official Redbox app takes your rental experience to a whole new level.
Find a box near wherever you’re at. Look inside of it to see what DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs and games are for rent. Then reserve your discs for quick pickup later that day.
Watch movie trailers, and search movies by name, release date and genre.
See what’s coming soon, and sign up to get email reminders on the day they come to the box.
See a list of the closest Redbox locations, and get driving directions to any box in the country.
Version 4.9 (Feb 25, 2015)
- We've added navigation to join Redbox Play Pass, our rewards program where you can earn free movie nights and other exclusives.
Version 4.8 (Jan 28, 2015)
• We’ve improved the search tool to make it easier to find the movies and games you want.
• We’ve added navigation to our Help Center, for fast answers to your Redbox questions.
Version 4.7 (Dec 21, 2014)
- Enhanced password security
- Bug fixes
Version 4.6 (Dec 03, 2014)
- Compatibility with iOS8
- Tool to bring you discounts, deals and recommendations at checkout
- Improvements to movie browse
Version 4.5 (Oct 22, 2014)
If you’re a member of Redbox Play Pass, you’ll need to download this version of the app to see your points and credits. (Redbox Play Pass, our new rewards program, is invite-only for now. For details, visit http://www.redbox.com/redboxplaypass)
Version 4.4 (Aug 13, 2014)
- Bug fixes.
** If you are experiencing problem(s) with the redbox app after upgraded to iOS 8, please uninstall the app (by pressing the app icon for a few seconds and tap on the "x" mark at the top right hand corner) and re-install it from App store.
Version 4.3 (Jun 26, 2014)
- Rental transaction history is available in Account on side menu if you have credit card(s) on file.
- More upcoming releases are available for browsing and reminder.
Version 4.2 (May 17, 2014)
- User Interface enhancements.
- Bug fixes.
Version 4.1 (Apr 21, 2014)
- Start your Wish List and keep track of the movies & games you want to rent.
- To add a movie or game, tap the Wish List image icon from the title details screen.
- Swipe from right to left on Wish List screen to remove item from your Wish List.
- Ability to select a Redbox location on the map view.
Version 4.0 (Mar 05, 2014)
Redbox app has been updated with a beautiful, improved new design for iOS 7
Version 3.6 (Dec 02, 2013)
- Design enhancements based on key findings from usability testing
- Bug fixes
Version 3.5 (Nov 06, 2013)
Redbox Rewards points and credits included in the user interface. Access by logging in. Rewards is invite-only for now, and for the moment we have already accepted all the members we can. Stay tuned!
For more details of the program, please go to http://www.redbox.com/redboxrewards
Version 3.4 (Sep 18, 2013)
- Bug fix for login with temporary password.
Version 3.3 (Aug 12, 2013)
- Redbox "Coming Soon" movies and games now available for viewing in the app. Tap the top left navigation menu to
see them. Set email reminders to be notified when the movies come to the Box near you.
- Redbox “Most popular” movies now available for viewing in the app. Tap the top left navigation menu to see them.
- Bug fixes
Version 3.2.1 (Jul 01, 2013)
- Fixed application crashing issue on iPod touch 5 generation and some iPad/Mini.
- Other bug fixes.
Version 3.2 (Jun 26, 2013)
- Upgraded to include push notifications and message center from Redbox! Receive messages about latest movies and games from Redbox within the app.
- Bug fixes to credit card input validation and title issues reported in the app store.
Version 3.1 (Apr 29, 2013)
- Choose your view - Toggle button for box art and list view!
- Releases grouped by date
- Adding Title names under Box art for better reading
- Release to refresh the title browser screen
- Performance Improvements
Version 3.0 (Apr 04, 2013)
Revamped user interface.
Optimizations, Peformance enhancements.
Version 2.5.2 (Jan 23, 2013)
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Version 2.5.1 (Nov 26, 2012)
Fixes related to the credit card issues being reported.
Version 2.5 (May 29, 2012)
- Improved checkout process
Version 2.4.1 (Apr 05, 2012)
- Bug fixes
Version 2.4 (Mar 23, 2012)
- Update to the Find a Redbox Kiosk section
- Step by step walking and driving directions to kiosk
Version 2.3.1 (Oct 23, 2011)
- Fixes for iOS 5
Version 2.3.0 (Aug 09, 2011)
- Add multiple items to your cart
- Access the same discounts & freebies offered on redbox.com
- Fast App Switch (app will run in the background for multitasking)
Version 2.2.1 (Jun 25, 2011)
- Find a redbox now displays label (A, B, C, D)
- Bug fixes on credit card screen
- Other minor bug fixes
Games are available in the app under the All Games Genre, see what games are available near you.
Version 2.2.0 (Apr 29, 2011)
* We have added the ability to reserve Games where available.
* Limited Game trailers
* Resolved minor bugs
* Speed improvements
Version 2.1.0 (Mar 30, 2011)
- Trailers now available for most titles on title detail pages (click the box art)
Version 2.0.1 (Jan 20, 2011)
- Fixed app crashing issue with iOS 3.0 through 3.1.3
- Added retina display support
- Fixed GPS issue
- Improved data entry
- Fixed a number of other bugs
Version 2.0 (Dec 17, 2010)
** THE NEW VERSION OF THE REDBOX IPHONE APP ONLY WORKS FOR OPERATING SYSTEMS 3.2 OR HIGHER. IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER IOS, PLEASE UPGRADE BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS APP. A NEWER VERSION COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER OPERATING SYSTEMS IS COMING SOON! **
Significant performance enhancements
Images while browsing titles
Instant movie search
Improved redbox location search
Version 1.2 (Jun 02, 2010)
- Updated splash screen
- Resolved some minor bugs
Version 1.1 (Feb 12, 2010)
- Fully support iPod Touch first gen (resolved microphone issue)
- Improved load time performance for all supported platforms
- Updated selected kiosk locations with correct addresses