The official Redbox app takes your rental experience to a whole new level.
Find a box near wherever you’re at. Look inside of it to see what DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs and games are for rent. Then reserve your discs for quick pickup later that day.
Watch movie trailers, and search movies by name, release date and genre.
See what’s coming soon, and sign up to get email reminders on the day they come to the box.
See a list of the closest Redbox locations, and get driving directions to any box in the country.
- Enhanced password security
- Bug fixes
- Compatibility with iOS8
- Tool to bring you discounts, deals and recommendations at checkout
- Improvements to movie browse
If you’re a member of Redbox Play Pass, you’ll need to download this version of the app to see your points and credits. (Redbox Play Pass, our new rewards program, is invite-only for now. For details, visit http://www.redbox.com/redboxplaypass)
- Bug fixes.
** If you are experiencing problem(s) with the redbox app after upgraded to iOS 8, please uninstall the app (by pressing the app icon for a few seconds and tap on the "x" mark at the top right hand corner) and re-install it from App store.
- Rental transaction history is available in Account on side menu if you have credit card(s) on file.
- More upcoming releases are available for browsing and reminder.
- User Interface enhancements.
- Bug fixes.
- Start your Wish List and keep track of the movies & games you want to rent.
- To add a movie or game, tap the Wish List image icon from the title details screen.
- Swipe from right to left on Wish List screen to remove item from your Wish List.
- Ability to select a Redbox location on the map view.
Redbox app has been updated with a beautiful, improved new design for iOS 7
- Design enhancements based on key findings from usability testing
- Bug fixes
Redbox Rewards points and credits included in the user interface. Access by logging in. Rewards is invite-only for now, and for the moment we have already accepted all the members we can. Stay tuned!
For more details of the program, please go to http://www.redbox.com/redboxrewards
- Bug fix for login with temporary password.
- Redbox "Coming Soon" movies and games now available for viewing in the app. Tap the top left navigation menu to
see them. Set email reminders to be notified when the movies come to the Box near you.
- Redbox “Most popular” movies now available for viewing in the app. Tap the top left navigation menu to see them.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed application crashing issue on iPod touch 5 generation and some iPad/Mini.
- Other bug fixes.
- Upgraded to include push notifications and message center from Redbox! Receive messages about latest movies and games from Redbox within the app.
- Bug fixes to credit card input validation and title issues reported in the app store.
- Choose your view - Toggle button for box art and list view!
- Releases grouped by date
- Adding Title names under Box art for better reading
- Release to refresh the title browser screen
- Performance Improvements
Revamped user interface.
Optimizations, Peformance enhancements.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Fixes related to the credit card issues being reported.
- Improved checkout process
- Bug fixes
- Update to the Find a Redbox Kiosk section
- Step by step walking and driving directions to kiosk
- Fixes for iOS 5
- Add multiple items to your cart
- Access the same discounts & freebies offered on redbox.com
- Fast App Switch (app will run in the background for multitasking)
- Find a redbox now displays label (A, B, C, D)
- Bug fixes on credit card screen
- Other minor bug fixes
Games are available in the app under the All Games Genre, see what games are available near you.
* We have added the ability to reserve Games where available.
* Limited Game trailers
* Resolved minor bugs
* Speed improvements
- Trailers now available for most titles on title detail pages (click the box art)
- Fixed app crashing issue with iOS 3.0 through 3.1.3
- Added retina display support
- Fixed GPS issue
- Improved data entry
- Fixed a number of other bugs
** THE NEW VERSION OF THE REDBOX IPHONE APP ONLY WORKS FOR OPERATING SYSTEMS 3.2 OR HIGHER. IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER IOS, PLEASE UPGRADE BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS APP. A NEWER VERSION COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER OPERATING SYSTEMS IS COMING SOON! **
Significant performance enhancements
Images while browsing titles
Instant movie search
Improved redbox location search
- Updated splash screen
- Resolved some minor bugs
- Fully support iPod Touch first gen (resolved microphone issue)
- Improved load time performance for all supported platforms
- Updated selected kiosk locations with correct addresses