Scout GPS, Maps, Voice Navigation & Traffic
Scout is your daily personal navigator that gets you around traffic wherever you go. Powered by over 100 million traffic sources, Scout offers traffic-conquering tools designed specifically for when you’re on the go. From your daily commute to everyday errands and weekend fun, Scout gets you—and gets you there with free voice-guided GPS navigation.
• Do more with less hassle—The personal commute dashboard is updated in real time with the most relevant local info. See your traffic-based commute times and current traffic flows with a glance. Find your recent and favorite destinations, discover nearby places like restaurants and cheap gas stations, and get turn-by-turn navigation to home and work, all with just a tap.
• NEW! Stay connected wherever you go--Log in with Google+ or Facebook to sync your favorites, recent places and settings across multiple devices.
• NEW! More ways to beat traffic— Know when to leave and what route to take for your commute with alerts about traffic conditions. With the new route summary, preview your route with traffic for every turn and easily reroute around backups with a simple swipe.
• Real-time adaptive routing—Get the most efficient routes with the least amount of traffic, one-tap adaptive rerouting to avoid jams, and street-level traffic views for major roads and side streets.
• Help others beat traffic too—Report traffic congestion, police, road hazards, and accidents with a simple tap to help your fellow Scout drivers avoid gridlock or being pulled over.
• Find anything fast—Scout’s OneBox search is fast and intelligent with autocomplete for better, relevant, and easy-to-read results. You can also simply say “Hey Scout” to activate voice search for a completely hands-free experience—no typing necessary!
• Get free voice guidance—Scout guides you to your destination with free turn-by-turn, voice navigation and also listens to your voice commands to search or drive, so you can enjoy the journey hands free and without distractions.
• No more “where are you??” texts—Scout lets others know when you’ll be there and lets them follow your real-time progress on a map with OnMyWay® ETA-sharing.
• Discover the local weekend scene—Find places to go and things to do like live music, bars, shows, family events, sports, movies, and more. Plan online at www.scout.me and sync your favorites between the site and the app. Share your discoveries with friends vial email, text, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Get your questions answered for free with live support at the Scout community forum http://ourcommunity.scout.me or learn more about Scout for iPhone at www.scout.me/iphone.
What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable
“Scout is my preferred iOS maps alternative.” Joel Evans, ZDNet
“Scout is immediately a commuter’s best friend.” Jamie Lendino, PCMagazine
“Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
“Top Travel App” – Departures.com
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
• Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.
Minor bug fixing.
• Know exactly when to leave--Get real-time traffic alerts about your commute and save time with the most
• Improved traffic summary—Your route summary is easier to view and helps you avoid traffic, all from one screen! Scout is the only navigation app that shows you turn-by-turn traffic conditions with the convenience of audio playback of incidents along your route. Simply swipe the traffic segment you want to avoid.
• Scout is the only navigation app to have true hands-free voice activation. You can now launch Scout and say “Hey, Scout” anytime to search and drive to places. No typing necessary!
• Stay connected everywhere—Log in with Google+ or Facebook to sync your favorites, recent places and settings across multiple devices.
• Bug fixes
• A total hands-free voice commands experience! Once Scout is launched, activate voice commands to search and
navigate by saying, “Hey Scout!” Your voice is Scout’s command.
• Stay connected wherever you go! Makes being on the go easier with one less password to remember by logging in with Facebook to sync your favorites, recent places and settings across multiple devices.
• Fixed bugs reported in the previous release.
•We’ve made My Dashboard easier to use—See traffic flows along your commute route right on the map. Quickly find
your recent and favorite destinations, discover nearby places like restaurants, and cheap gas stations. Improved OneBox
search—Faster and more intelligent autocomplete for better, relevant, and easier-to-read results.
•Save time with a faster route—Scout’s new Adaptive Routing looks out for time-saving options as you drive and automatically shows you if a better route is available and helps you reroute around incidents and hazards.
•More traffic enhancements—See live traffic speed indicators on a map and along your route, so you know exactly what to expect when you hit the road.
•By popular demand: Holiday navigation icons—Get jolly with Santa’s lid, and elf’s cap, Rudolph’s antlers (complete with red nose!), a New Year’s topper, or find your way with Polaris!
•Fixed bugs reported in the previous release.
• Happy Halloween! Swap out that blue arrow icon with Jacko the pumpkin, Frank the iconic monster, a classic sugar
skull, or for the not-so-faint-at-heart, a creepy, crawly spider.
• Save time with a faster route! Scout’s new Adaptive Routing looks out for time-saving options as you drive and automatically shows you if a better route is available.
• Voice guidance improvements: Scout talks to you at the right time—not too much and not too little!
• Bug fixes
All new traffic features help you stay away from gridlock
Even more powerful features to help you beat traffic on your daily commute and anywhere, anytime!
• User Reported Traffic: We’re pairing Scout’s own traffic data of more than 100 million traffic sources with incidents that YOU report. Users can report traffic congestion, police, road hazards, and accidents to help their fellow Scout drivers avoid getting stuck in gridlock or getting pulled over.
• Traffic Alerts: Now get alerts about upcoming traffic while navigating with one tap to avoid jams!
• Traffic summary for your route: see real-time traffic conditions along each segment of your route, with one tap to route around a troublesome spot.
• Street-Level Traffic: Street-Level Traffic shows you traffic flows not just on freeways but also major streets and side roads. More importantly, Street-Level Traffic is also used in calculating the most efficient routes in real time for your navigation options and to provide accurate drive times.
• We’ve made the home screen, My Dashboard, even more useful! Besides the ability to view a map of your current location, commute times to your work or home address based on traffic and current weather, share your current location, access your favorites and recent destinations, and find any nearby place like restaurants, gas, coffee, and ATMs or any recent destination with just a tap or simple voice command, you can now adjust the My Dashboard map to the zoom level you want. Simply tap on the map on My Dashboard, set the zoom level and then every time you open up Scout or go to My Dashboard, your map will be just the way you like it!
• Street-Level Traffic – now that you’ve set up your zoom, take a look at those traffic flows we’ve added on the local streets in your area without having to adjust anything. Street-Level Traffic shows you traffic flows not just on freeways but also major streets and side roads. More importantly, Street-Level Traffic is also used in calculating the most efficient routes in real time for your navigation options and to provide accurate drive times.
• Weekend Events– No more weekend boredom or stressing about making plans! Scout finds events in your local area and automatically gives you a heads up notification of what’s going on every week before the weekend. See and scroll through events, save them to your favorites and calendar, and get voice-guided directions to the venue.
• Map improvements and bug fixes
• Note: Always There offline maps users who have regional maps on their device will need to re-install the maps. Please make sure to have WiFi available and enabled on your phone to re-install. Trust us, it will be worth it for all of the overall updates and improvements within the app!
Updated My Profile on My Dashboard to provide you more info about how to use Scout including tips on how to:
• Share your real-time ETA
• Integrate your calendar so you can drive to appointments easily
• See turn list and trip time: Preview each route during route planning before starting your drive
• Search along your route: See places up ahead during navigation
• Display traffic info: See traffic flows by tapping the Dashboard map and selecting the traffic icon. For advanced traffic, upgrade to Scout Plus.
• Change between 3D and 2D navigation: Experience navigation in 2D by tapping on the compass at the bottom of the screen.
• My Dashboard optimized: Now do everything faster and with virtually one or no taps right from the home screen. New additions to My Dashboard include sharing your current location or adding it your favorites in My Places, seeing traffic flows on the map, driving to contacts from your address book using the search bar, one tap to discover things to do, one tap to view your recents, and more options for your preferences by accessing you profile from My Dashboard.
• Sync with your calendar: Don’t be late for appointments. Let Scout check for entries with location info to help you get you there with voice-guided navigation.
• Free car icons: Change out the navigation arrow for a cool car instead – choose from a tank, classic convertible, Space fighter or whatever your driving mood is on any given day!
• New OnMyWay® features:
• Share your real-time ETA: Let friends know when you’ll be there and see your real-time progress on a map.
• Set up auto share ETA: For added convenience, prepopulate contacts who should get ETA notifications for saved places like Home and Work.
•Let your family and friends know when you’re going to get there by sharing your ETA.
•Discover where to go and what to do with events and activities nearby
•Check out the new My Dashboard with 1-tap access to My Places and Recent Trips
•See upcoming turns when navigating
•Sort and manage favorite places
Stability improvements to Sign-in and Offline Navigation
✔ Free Voice-Guided Navigation
✔ Faster app startup time
✔ Re-designed My Dashboard with one-tap access to My Places
✔ Yelp and TripAdvisor Ratings and Reviews
✔ iOS6 compatibility
✔ Get the latest bug fixes
✔ Get scouting sooner with a shorter start-up time
✔ Get the latest bug fixes
✔ NEW! Voice Commands – Speak, don’t type, to navigate hands free
✔ NEW! Always There Navigation – Download offline maps to keep navigating when you lose cell coverage
✔ NEW! Simpler, quicker sign up
✔ Bug fixes and quality improvement
New! Get Scout with award-winning voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation. Plus:
* Beat traffic like a pro with automatic rerouting and alerts about red-light cameras, speed traps and more.
* See estimated arrival, drive times and distance remaining during navigation.
* Find more relevant places of interest. We’ve updated local content and removed duplicate, incorrect and closed business listings.