★ ★ ★ ★ ★ “A charming twist on the Scrabble formula with more than enough content to keep you playing into the new year, Spellwood is well worth the investment.” 9/10 – Pocket Gamer
Become a word wizard in Spellwood, the magical new word game. Wield words in battle, mix it up with magic, and feel your powers grow.
✓ Solo adventure and multiplayer modes
✓ New levels available for purchase inside the app
✓ For iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad; Retina ready
✓ Supports iPhone 5, iPad, and the iPad mini screens
✓ Play with friends with Game Center and Facebook
WHAT OTHER PLAYERS ARE SAYING
“Sweet mini Scrabble with battle.”
“Hooked. Very addicting combination of Scrabble and RPG.”
“Word Game Fun – OMG—LUV this game!! Can’t put it down.”
“Very fun. RPG mixed with Spelling B. And cute art style. : ).”
CONQUER THE SOLO QUESTS
Battle 45 foes across four towers. Unlock three more towers at the end of your first journey which will become available for purchase inside the app.
WEILD WORDS IN BATTLE
Duel with words in fun, quick-to-play word battles.
MIX IT UP WITH MAGIC
Use magic items that increase letter and word scores, change letters, restore health, and more.
FEEL YOUR POWERS GROW
Young or new to word games, it’s fun and easy to build words on the smaller board where the words disappear.
PLAY & CHAT WITH FRIENDS
Play friends and family with Facebook Connect and Game Center. Play up to 50 games simultaneously.
Developed by Three Rings Design, makers of Puzzle Pirates and other great games!
Fixed crash that some players were experiencing on the Duel Friends screen.
- Fixed issue with challenging new friends to a duel on iOS 7.
- Fixed issue with games becoming corrupt if the board is scrolled a lot.
- Fixed issue with using an item and then swapping letters.
- Added achievements for completing each campaign on Word Wizard difficulty.
- Added achievements for winning 10, 50, and 100 duels.
- Added campaign completion screens.
- Added ability to share tower and campaign completion to Facebook.
- Added ability to invite non-Spellwood-playing Facebook friends to play.
- Friends are now auto-refreshed when you click NEW DUEL.
- Reduced the size of the game by 14 megabytes! Yay for better image compression!
- Fixed lots of bugs, improved speed of computer opponents.
CHALLENGES are still coming. Making them awesome is taking longer than I thought!
- Stars indicate whether you've completed a floor, tower or campaign on easy, medium or hard difficulty level
- Press and hold ADVENTURE to go straight to your last active battle; press and hold the ← button to go straight to main menu screen
- Battles in a tower are limited to items available in that tower, which makes going back and playing through on hard difficulty more challenging
- Added link to score explanation page from battle info screen
- More improvements to games that run out of tiles: the computer will no longer swap zero tiles, and neither can you; you have to play something or resign if you have no tiles in your bag
- Improved detection of swipe for sliding board
- Fixed various issues with corrupt multiplayer duels
Coming Soon: TOWER CHALLENGES (ooh, mysterious)
- Fixes issue with finding friends on Facebook
- Improves stability for long sessions
- Fixes issues with games that run out of tiles
- Fixes crash bug from the last update. Sorry about that!
- Integrates latest Facebook SDK to more easily find your friends and play against them.
- Moves completed battles to a separate screen.
PLEASE DON'T INSTALL THIS UPDATE.
There's a bug in this update that causes the game to crash. A fixed update is waiting to be reviewed by Apple and should be available soon.
We apologize profusely for this small debacle.
- Battle music!
- Various small user interface improvements.