The free Guardian Eyewitness app for iPad showcases the world’s most striking and beautiful photographs, providing a daily, visual reflection of global events. The app brings you the single image of the day that appears in full colour across the centre spread of the Guardian newspaper. There is also an archive of themed photographic collections.
The Guardian Eyewitness app has been developed to offer a beautiful iPad experience. The app offers:
- Rolling access to the latest 100 images from the daily Eyewitness photography series
- Custom designed interface built for the iPad
- Photographic EXIF data, when available (information such as camera type and settings)
- Ability to view collections as a slideshow, set the interval and loop
- Thumbnail view of images
- Ability to save photos as favourites, and save them on your device outside the 100 day rolling window
- Share photographs from the Eyewitness daily series via email, Twitter and Facebook
- Access to a selection of our best photography from the Eyewitness archive
- Pixel-perfect retina display images for the latest iPads
- All content on the Guardian Eyewitness app is copyright Guardian News & Media Ltd
- Terms and conditions: http://www.guardian.co.uk/terms
- fixes issue with Favourites feature in iOS7
- Removal of subscription for premium feature
- Addition of new archive feature
- Minor bug fixes and usability improvements
Minor bug and usability fixes.
Minor bug and usability fixes
Resolved the the issue of Eyewitness Extra images not appearing for all subscribers.
Eyewitness Premium, comprising:
Three more stunning pictures a day - 80 a month - selected for the app by the Guardian’s picture desk
The standout pictures from major global news and sports events, delivered in live daily photo series
Eyewitness Premium is an optional auto-renewable subscription, priced at £1.49 a month.
Subscribers will receive Eyewitness Extra plus access to the current or last published live series.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
EXIF data display
User interface improvements
* Retina graphics for app furniture
* Count of photos in the popover menu
* Caption and pro tip text can be increased or decreased by pinch and zoom
* Added Slideshow options - loop and interval control
* Performance improvements for image downloads
* Now supports multi-tasking and background downloading
* Many small usability improvements and bug fixes
Minor stability and usability fixes
Twitter messaging improvements
- Favourite images are remembered when the app is closed
- Favourite images will be preserved even when the device is low on space
- Wi-Fi settings will persist when the app is closed
- Improved user experience when pictures are downloading
- Minor stability and usability fixes
Fixes photo scrolling bug
Uses native Twitter support on iOS5.0
Fixes Facebook sharing
User interface improvements and bug fixes
Redesigned settings panel
Added an option to allow photo download over 3G
Faster photo downloading
Pinch and zoom photos for a closer look.
The toolbar is full size in all orientations to allow for easier use.
Improvements have been made to the Twitter functions including sharing tools and language style.
The app is smaller and faster.
Fixed an issue where images could be duplicated when changing timezone on the device between sessions of Eyewitness.
Other, minor, bug fixes.
Enhancements to the interface.
Additional product and technical information.
Streamlining the app behaviour when the app is in slideshow mode. The lock function will no longer interrupt the slideshow experience.
-Reduced memory usage when downloading images
- iOS 4.2 compatibility changes (app does not multitask, but uses old style lifecycle)
- Video auto-play turned off
-Fixes blank picture bug from 1.0.1.
New: post Eyewitness pictures to Twitter
Fixed: check for network connections before posting to Facebook
Fixed: potential crash on startup
Fixed: occasional crash on empty thumbnails