Known as “Probably the Best Site in the World”, theCHIVE now has Probably the Best App in the World. theCHIVE is the world’s largest photo blog showcasing original galleries of funny photos, videos and GIFs with epic fails, beautiful girls, groundbreaking photography, and art from all over the world. theCHIVE is a one-stop shop for viral photos and videos that are fresh, hot, funny, beautiful and just plain awesome. Now theCHIVE can be devoured on your iPhone or iPad for the ultimate quick dose of awesomeness.
Here's what you can expect:
-All the latest posts from theCHIVE updated in real time
-Share your favorites via Facebook, Twitter, Text or Email
-Browse the most popular galleries
-Pick your favorite gallery category including art, beautiful, fail, funny, gaming, girls, photobombs, tech and more.
"theCHIVE is the most entertaining website on the internet."
-James Hibbard, Entertainment Weekly
- Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes!
- Faster response times!
- The same awesomeness!
- We've added push notifications. We know these things can be pretty annoying, so we won't use them that much. Promise.
We’ve been hard at work pressing buttons, turning knobs and staring at flashing lights. We have a lot of new
stuff for you:
- iOS7 update with fancy new buttons and menus
- Unified commenting system so comments are the same across all apps, the mobile site and full site
- Search button so you can look for your significant other’s least favorite posts
- Beer locator to find KCCO Beer locations near you. We make no guarantees about what you'll find when you get there.
- Quick access to The Chivery store
They're baaaaaaaaack. You can now see all the posts from the website if you log in to myCHIVE.
We've also fixed a ton of bugs and made some more performance improvements.
BIG Update for our loyal Chivers. We'll have another update in just a few weeks that will bring everything back normal. In the meantime, you can enjoy lots of new bells & whistles:
- Refreshed app interface
- "Favorites" feature that allows you to bookmark posts
- Slideshow feature that will automatically scroll through photos
- Landing page for videos so you can vote, comment and share
- Gallery endscreen with next gallery and related galleries
- Live links and better formatting in photo captions
- Loading meter for GIFs
- Timestamp on posts
- Videos have been added to the Categories section
- iPad finally looks legit
- You can see which posts you've upvoted/downvoted
- Tons of speed improvements and bug fixes
This quick release fixes big bugs:
- Video volume now operates correctly
- Videos now route audio correctly to the speaker
- Background music will now play while using the app
- App speed is back to normal
For the best video experience, use fullscreen mode which is activated by the button on the right of the video toolbar.
More big updates coming soon. KCCO
Lots of updates and fixes in this version. We're still working on the issue with the video volume and hope to have that resolved soon. In the meantime, the video volume is all good with your headphones on.
Here’s what we’ve done:
- Adjusted the picture window so the full image sits above the banner ad. Remember, you can press & hold to make the banner ads temporarily disappear
- Improved Twitter and Facebook sharing
- Added the “pull down to refresh” instead of the button to refresh
- Moved videos back into the Latest feed
- Included the author name for each post
- Fixed bugs related to GIFs, commenting, location permissions, thumbnails, zooming in/out
- Improved the app performance through things with fancy acronyms like ARC
- Added an "About" section
- Fixed a bug that caused excess data usage
- Removed on-disk caching to use less memory on your device
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a commenters avatar could hang the app
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented image thumbnails from being displayed
TGIF. That's right, GIFS finally work. We've also included post captions, wallpapers and a new app icon.
Pro Tip #532b - When viewing any photo, you can make the banner ad temporarily disappear by pressing the screen and holding your finger down. In the coming months we'll have more news about a no-ads option.
We've got a lot more work to do, but we're getting there.
We've fixed some bugs and improved overall performance. If you experience any crashes after updating the app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
We're going to pick up the pace and rest assured that we will fix everything. We're going to do it piece by piece, so this is the first of several updates. Your support means everything to us and keep the emails comin'! KCCO.
* Ads no longer float up over photos.
* Touch-and-hold to expand image view.
* Updated Facebook integration.
* Bug fixes.
* Probably a better version than the last one.
* Added video feature
* iOS 5 tested
* Bug fixes
iOS 5 tested.