As featured by Stephen Fry's Gadget Man and Leo Laporte's iPad Today!
Virtual Active turns your cardio workout into an outdoor adventure! Exercise through 16 extraordinary locations ranging from the Swiss Alps to the Venice canals, ensuring that your workout will never be boring.
The Virtual Active app can tell how hard you're exercising and adjust the video playback speed to synchronize with you.
Shot in beautiful locations around the world, Virtual Active transports you to iconic trails and landscapes, turning indoor exercise into an adventure.
• Footage for runners, cyclists, and hikers available.
• Learn about where you're running with info popups.
• No extra hardware required! Simply place your iPad, iPhone, or iPod on a cardio machine and start exercising. This app utilizes unique BitGym technology to respond to how fast you are working out.
• Choose from sixteen locations including Northern Italy, downtown Chicago, the American Northwest, and many more.
• Most exercise bikes, elliptical machines and treadmills supported.
• Control your iPod music directly - no need to switch applications.
Version 2.4.9 (Feb 25, 2015)
- Fixed crashes on iOS 5 and 6 devices.
- Made American Northeast Hike available for purchase
- Camera tracking improvements.
Version 2.4.8 (Oct 05, 2014)
Fixed a crash in iOS8 when camera permissions were not granted.
Version 2.4.7 (Apr 12, 2014)
Minor UI changes
Version 2.4.6 (Mar 17, 2014)
Fixing an issue with the Northern Rockies Hike content download.
Version 2.4.5 (Feb 26, 2014)
Important notice added.
Version 2.4.4 (Oct 19, 2013)
Fixes the American Northeast Hike and Northern Rockies Hike.
Version 2.4.3 (Oct 14, 2013)
Fixed a bug where some tours were not purchasable.
Version 2.4.2 (Oct 03, 2013)
Fixed an issue where AirPlay would interfere with video playback. Now mirroring works again.
Version 2.4.1 (Sep 14, 2013)
* Maine ride
* New England Fall ride
* Northern Italy ride
* American Southwest hike
* American Southwest 2 hike
* American Northeast hike
* Wild California hike
* Fixed a bug with the Kickstarter button which would make it replace the user's second purchased run.
* Kickstarter button will go away for 24 hour time systems after the Kickstarter is over.
Version 2.4 (Aug 29, 2013)
* Utah ride
* Oregon ride
* Northern Rockies Hike
* Improved visual tracking
* Added vibration-only mode with feedback if visual fails
* More efficient for less battery consumption
* Receipts are better maintained, and you shouldn't be asked to purchase something if you already own it on another device (you never would've been charged twice, but the alert was misleading).
* Corrupt downloads get deleted
Version 2.3.6 (Jun 20, 2013)
* Upgraded BitGym tracking code
* iPad 1 users can use vibration-only again
* Fixed the autoplay explanation button flicker.
* Re-implemented the purchasing system to let the user control their downloads.
* Switched away from Urban Airship for iOS 5 users
Version 2.3.5 (Jun 03, 2013)
* You can now adjust playback speed in autoplay mode
* Autoplay won't reset playback
* Autoplay resumes when the application is resumed
* Autoplay won't show "no exercise detected" on start
* Detect if in-app purchases are disabled
* Speed control works on iPhone
* Legacy popups removed
Version 2.3.1 (May 02, 2013)
Got rid of the need for manhandling the device at the beginning of the run.
Repaired the Quit button which just won't quit.
Made exercise feedback more immediately obvious.
Version 2.3 (Apr 23, 2013)
New hiking videos:
* Oregon Hike
* Swiss Alps Hike
New biking videos:
* California Deserts Ride
* Northern Rockies Ride
Much-improved BitGym exercise detection.
Clearer messaging around cellular data connections.
Version 2.2 (Dec 19, 2012)
Fixed the app freeze issue which could occur as a user quit a workout.
Version 2.1 (Nov 09, 2012)
New hiking content: California Desert Hike
New biking content: Washington Ride
Fixed touchscreen lockups
New iPhone 5 layouts
Improved exercise detection
Support buttons added
Version 2.0.3 (Sep 21, 2012)
Fixed app icon
Version 2.0.2 (Sep 14, 2012)
Reverted the icon's shape to the original Virtual Active mark
Added an iPad Retina Display splash screen
Version 2.0.1 (Sep 07, 2012)
Bug fixes from 2.0:
• Fixed the Restore Purchases button
• Run workout packs will now be immediately upgraded with new info popups and a title image (for the workout select screen)
• Fixed rare race-condition crashes
• Fixed player status unhandled observation crash
Version 2.0 (Sep 03, 2012)
• Running, Biking, and Hiking content
• BitGym camera-based speed detection (much more accurate!)
• Info popups describe where you're running
• New look & feel
• Randomly shuffled workouts
• You can add a supplemental video pack for longer workouts
• Preferences for subtitles and autoplay are saved across sessions
• The app will now play footage until your selected workout length has elapsed (instead of approximating the right amount of footage to add).
• If the app was having trouble interpreting vibrations from your machine, you can now use your iPad/iPhone's front-facing camera for exercise detection (you can even put your device on a nearby shelf)
Version 1.5 (Mar 01, 2012)
Minor purchasing fixes
Version 1.4.1 (Feb 04, 2012)
* Added a clock in the workout player
* Fixed preview images
* Fixed an alignment issue which would crop up on the main screen after a workout
* Added optional push support
* Added a download percent complete
* Added more robust purchasing and downloading behavior
* Fixed a downloading bug with iOS 5.0.0
* Improved the Restore Purchases button
Version 1.3.1 (Jan 19, 2012)
Added restore button
Fixed crash bug
Version 1.3 (Jan 11, 2012)
Added fixes to the purchasing system.
Added a button which lets you restore all your purchases from a different device onto a new device.
Fixed rare crash bugs.
Version 1.2 (Dec 14, 2011)
First public release.
Version 1.1 (Nov 17, 2011)
More premium workouts, smarter exercise tracking and an improved menu.