WeatherBug is a fast, beautiful, easy-to-use app that uses the best real-time, neighborhood-level weather data to help you Know Before™.
Get access to the world’s largest network of professional weather and lightning sensors for the most accurate forecasts, the fastest severe weather alerts and more.
Only WeatherBug provides exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Find out exactly how far away lightning is to you and stay safer!
Check out these awesome features:
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get all National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark™ Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network.
• Push Notifications – Get severe weather warnings and exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts pushed directly to your mobile device! Safeguard yourself from tornados, severe thunderstorms, flash floods and more.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Traffic can create real headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions and Know Before™ you get stuck in traffic.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Cold & Flu section – Stay updated on the cold and flu season! Find out where and when you'll need to be extra careful, along with useful facts on how you can minimize your risk.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team and stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Know Before™ Messages - These messages will appear when we need to tell you something, from notifications of lightning in your area to new content.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
• Ad-free Annual Subscription - It's back! We heard you loud and clear. Experience ad-free WeatherBug via an annual subscription!
Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
•Several performance and stability enhancements
-Fixed Lifestyle Forecasts
-Several stability and performance enhancements
- Improved map loading and animation performance
- Several performance and stability enhancements
-Several stability and performance enhancements, including the location search bug
• iOS 8 ready
• Weekend/Weekday weather summary
• Share Alerts, Spark™ and Live Cams on Facebook
• Updated UI for map layers selection
• Switched to Apple maps
• Stability and performance enhancements
•Fixed saved locations map pin issue
•Fixed precipitation units issue
•Improved left side menu performance
•Multiple stability enhancements
• Ad-Free annual subscription option
• Helpful Know Before™ messages
• Live traffic cams
•Refreshed user interface
•Revamped Spark lightning alerts and map
•Added Recent & Local photo albums
•Ability to share WeatherBug & Spark with your friends and family
•Added Lifestyle forecasts at-a-glance page
•Added Cold & Flu Lifestyle section
•Added 64-bit application support
• 2.6 million supported locations worldwide
• Push notification for severe weather alerts
• Photo submission and sharing
• Featured photo albums
• Portuguese language support
• New Cold & Flu section
• Several stability/performance enhancements
• NEW Spotlight tile/section
• iOS7 compatibility
• Stability and performance enhancements
• NEW Hurricane Center
• NEW Spanish language support
• NEW Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• NEW Spotlight news section on iPad
• NEW 10 day forecast
• NEW Thunderstorm probability in Hourly forecast
• NEW Day selection buttons in Hourly forecast
• Stability and performance enhancements
-Hourly forecast increased to 7 days
-Hourly forecast includes 'feels like' temperature
-'Now' screen font sizes increased for better readability
-NEW User interface featuring left and right slide in menus, and quick navigation live tiles
-NEW Spark lightning detection
-NEW Photos from our user submitted collection
-NEW Game Day Forecast for Major League Baseball
-NEW Family Forecast helps you plan family activities
-NEW Fitness Forecast guides your fitness decisions
-NEW User interface refreshed
-NEW Spark lightning alerts
-NEW Enhanced usability
-NEW Improved user interface
-NEW Home screen tiles for quick navigation to map and lightning alerts
- Fixed "slow internet alert" issue
- Added Lifestyle Forecast section
- Support for iPhone 5 screen resolution
-Exclusive WeatherBug station camera views and video content now on a consolidated screen for easier accessibility.
-Pollen content moved to its own screen for one-touch access to check allergens and view a nationwide pollen forecast.
*NEW* WeatherBuzz: Share weather alerts on Facebook
*NEW* Welcome screen introducing new features
*NEW* Earth Networks' Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs)
NEW Expanded touchable area for map layer drawer
NEW Map pin to drop by location rather than station
NEW Ability to scroll through the 7-Day forecast in Hourly Forecast
Precipitation to two decimal points
Stability & bug fixes
NEW redesigned UI.
NEW Feature: Automatically update and show weather data for your current location.
MORE Data: pollen and UV forecast.
Moved settings inside app.
- General stability enhancements.
- Add sunrise and sunset time to current conditions.
- Scroll hourly forecast to selected day.
- Retina display icons added
- Improve scrolling performance in forecast screen
- Bug fixes for Map screen
- Bug fixes for changing unit in settings
- Bug fixes for crashes when network is slow
- Bug fixes for crashes during finding my location
- Bug Fixes for crashes on returning to app.
- Bug Fixes for crashes on removing locations
Fixed a bug that caused the application to crash at launch. The application is now iOS4.2 compatible.
Bug fixes related to IOS4 and multitasking. Better memory management and map refresh.
• Enabled overlays animation – including Doppler radar and IR satellite.
• Added support for IOS4.
• Optimized the map code to increase display speed and animation playback.
• Added Worldwide Satellite, Heat Index, Wind Chill, Dew Point and Canadian Radar overlays.
• Fixed the bug that caused the condition icons not to scroll properly.
• Fixed the bug with the range indicator that caused the map to zoom all the way in.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes.
The new version 1.3 of WeatherBug allows users to force an update of the conditions and forecast data without exiting the app. Simply, while in the current conditions screen or any forecast screen shake the device to refresh the data. In addition, we fixed issues related to the data update logic and frequency.
(A special note to our customers: In order to keep up with the rising cost of developing and delivering this great weather service to your iPhone, we are now supporting our product via display ads. Rest assured, the ads are not intrusive and the app will still provide the great WeatherBug user experience that you are used to. In addition, we will soon offer a paid version of our application, WeatherBug Elite. WeatherBug Elite is 100% ad-free and comes with all the great WeatherBug features you know plus: radar animation, six (6) additional map weather layers and much, much more. WeatherBug Elite is currently under review and will be available for download in the App Store shortly.)
• Enhanced 7-day and hourly forecasts
• Full presentation of NWS alerts
• Time-lapse weather camera animation
• Unlimited saved locations
• Temperature contour and satellite infrared maps
• Enhanced current conditions with 12 distinct observations
• Touch anywhere map technology allows user to "drop a pin" and view current weather conditions for that location
Fixed an issue where GPS triangulation would not find a location
Added back in the arrows used to switch between locations (this can be changed in settings)
Celsius temperature units
Up to 10 saved locations
Cached observation, forecast and alert data for offline viewing
Map now centers on the selected location
Daily National Outlook video (US only)
Bug fixes and much more!