Download WeatherBug to Know Before™. Access the world’s largest network of weather and lightning sensors for the most accurate forecasts, the fastest alerts and more. Plus, our app is sleek and polished.
Only our data is real-time, which allows us to see weather threats first, provide better forecasts and give the fastest alerts to severe weather! And only we measure “Total Lightning” so you get exclusive Spark lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Stay safer with WeatherBug.
As you’ll see from the “short” list below, WeatherBug has more awesome data and content than any other weather app.
Check out our fresh features:
• NEW Refreshed User Interface – We’ve made our UI sleeker and easier to navigate than ever before. Come give it a test drive!
• NEW Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network. Now redesigned with a live lightning map to show you lightning strikes near you and across the world!
• NEW Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow's picnic? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun! Now get at-a-glance views on all Lifestyle Forecasts so you know what to expect!
• NEW Cold & Flu section – Stay updated on the cold and flu season! Find out where and when you'll need to be extra careful, along with useful facts on how you can minimize your risk.
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts for 2.6 Million Locations Worldwide – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for your neighborhood and beyond.
• Push Notifications – Get severe weather warnings and exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts pushed directly to your mobile device! Safeguard yourself from tornados, severe thunderstorms, flash-floods and more.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead.
• Exclusive DTAs & Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes Matter. Our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos has never been quicker or easier! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Customizable Home Screen – Customize your home screen with newly added background themes and rearrange your live tiles to get the info that matter the most to you at-a-glance.
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
•Refreshed user interface
•Revamped Spark lightning alerts and map
•Added Recent & Local photo albums
•Ability to share WeatherBug & Spark with your friends and family
•Added Lifestyle forecasts at-a-glance page
•Added Cold & Flu Lifestyle section
•Added 64-bit application support
• 2.6 million supported locations worldwide
• Push notification for severe weather alerts
• Photo submission and sharing
• Featured photo albums
• Portuguese language support
• New Cold & Flu section
• Several stability/performance enhancements
• NEW Spotlight tile/section
• iOS7 compatibility
• Stability and performance enhancements
• NEW Hurricane Center
• NEW Spanish language support
• NEW Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• NEW Spotlight news section on iPad
• NEW 10 day forecast
• NEW Thunderstorm probability in Hourly forecast
• NEW Day selection buttons in Hourly forecast
• Stability and performance enhancements
-Hourly forecast increased to 7 days
-Hourly forecast includes 'feels like' temperature
-'Now' screen font sizes increased for better readability
-NEW User interface featuring left and right slide in menus, and quick navigation live tiles
-NEW Spark lightning detection
-NEW Photos from our user submitted collection
-NEW Game Day Forecast for Major League Baseball
-NEW Family Forecast helps you plan family activities
-NEW Fitness Forecast guides your fitness decisions
-NEW User interface refreshed
-NEW Spark lightning alerts
-NEW Enhanced usability
-NEW Improved user interface
-NEW Home screen tiles for quick navigation to map and lightning alerts
- Fixed "slow internet alert" issue
- Added Lifestyle Forecast section
- Support for iPhone 5 screen resolution
-Exclusive WeatherBug station camera views and video content now on a consolidated screen for easier accessibility.
-Pollen content moved to its own screen for one-touch access to check allergens and view a nationwide pollen forecast.
*NEW* WeatherBuzz: Share weather alerts on Facebook
*NEW* Welcome screen introducing new features
*NEW* Earth Networks' Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs)
NEW Expanded touchable area for map layer drawer
NEW Map pin to drop by location rather than station
NEW Ability to scroll through the 7-Day forecast in Hourly Forecast
Precipitation to two decimal points
Stability & bug fixes
NEW redesigned UI.
NEW Feature: Automatically update and show weather data for your current location.
MORE Data: pollen and UV forecast.
Moved settings inside app.
- General stability enhancements.
- Add sunrise and sunset time to current conditions.
- Scroll hourly forecast to selected day.
- Retina display icons added
- Improve scrolling performance in forecast screen
- Bug fixes for Map screen
- Bug fixes for changing unit in settings
- Bug fixes for crashes when network is slow
- Bug fixes for crashes during finding my location
- Bug Fixes for crashes on returning to app.
- Bug Fixes for crashes on removing locations
Fixed a bug that caused the application to crash at launch. The application is now iOS4.2 compatible.
Bug fixes related to IOS4 and multitasking. Better memory management and map refresh.
• Enabled overlays animation – including Doppler radar and IR satellite.
• Added support for IOS4.
• Optimized the map code to increase display speed and animation playback.
• Added Worldwide Satellite, Heat Index, Wind Chill, Dew Point and Canadian Radar overlays.
• Fixed the bug that caused the condition icons not to scroll properly.
• Fixed the bug with the range indicator that caused the map to zoom all the way in.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes.
The new version 1.3 of WeatherBug allows users to force an update of the conditions and forecast data without exiting the app. Simply, while in the current conditions screen or any forecast screen shake the device to refresh the data. In addition, we fixed issues related to the data update logic and frequency.
(A special note to our customers: In order to keep up with the rising cost of developing and delivering this great weather service to your iPhone, we are now supporting our product via display ads. Rest assured, the ads are not intrusive and the app will still provide the great WeatherBug user experience that you are used to. In addition, we will soon offer a paid version of our application, WeatherBug Elite. WeatherBug Elite is 100% ad-free and comes with all the great WeatherBug features you know plus: radar animation, six (6) additional map weather layers and much, much more. WeatherBug Elite is currently under review and will be available for download in the App Store shortly.)
• Enhanced 7-day and hourly forecasts
• Full presentation of NWS alerts
• Time-lapse weather camera animation
• Unlimited saved locations
• Temperature contour and satellite infrared maps
• Enhanced current conditions with 12 distinct observations
• Touch anywhere map technology allows user to "drop a pin" and view current weather conditions for that location
Fixed an issue where GPS triangulation would not find a location
Added back in the arrows used to switch between locations (this can be changed in settings)
Celsius temperature units
Up to 10 saved locations
Cached observation, forecast and alert data for offline viewing
Map now centers on the selected location
Daily National Outlook video (US only)
Bug fixes and much more!