Explore, create and share your own GPS tracks with your iPhone.
This app will allow you to track your outdoor activities on a map, take photos along the route and upload all of it directly to Wikiloc right from your iPhone. You can choose between running, hiking, cycling, mountain biking, kayaking and up to the 40 different outdoor activities available. And your friends will know about your activity instantly through the Wikiloc-Facebook connection.
You can find trails around your current location within all Wikiloc’s trails or just within your favorites. Through an advanced filter you can choose any of the 45 outdoor activities and then see the results either as a list or on a map, to pre-visualize it afterwards.
The Navigation Pack is a feature you can buy straight from the application and which will allow you to download and follow with your iPhone the trails you have found (or save them for later).
This app will work on iPhone 3G and 3GS but it will best perform on iPhone 4. For instance, the GPS signal on versions 3G and 3GS is not optimal and also 3G devices don't have multi-tasking, so if there's an incoming call or SMS while you are recording a trail and you accept that call or SMS, the recording will stop and you will have to resume later. Please be aware that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Do you already know Wikiloc.com? It's a community of thousands of outdoor enthusiasts sharing our best outdoor trails from anywhere around the World! On Wikiloc.com you can share and discover outdoor trails, be in touch with other trail authors, explore new locations on 3D terrain in Go ogle Earth, download tracks into your GPS for navigation, get a glimpse of the landscapes you'll enjoy through the photos and Youtube videos and much much more!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Fixed error with trail buddies.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- New activities.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Bug fixes.
- Add trail buddies.
- Improved filters.
- Import trails (see settings).
- Send trail by email.
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Bug fix when following a trail in old ios versions
Fixed a critical bug in the last version (2.2.7) which causes our app to crash for all iOS6 users right after starting up the App.
- Keeps the last map type selected.
- Minor bug fixes and ios7 improvements.
Improvements to take advantage of new iOS version's features.
Changed gps setting that can pause the recording.
¡This version has problems with IOS 5! The next update will solve this issue.
Performance improvements when the app is in background.
- Corrected bug that doesn't let upload the trail if not totally uploaded and is deleted from the website.
- Discover the proposed trails from the Tourism Destinations.
- Improved some search filters.
- Adapted to 4-inch screens.
- Support for waypoints! Create waypoints on the go when recording your trails. View waypoints in the maps of the
- Revamped search with a lot of new filters like location, text, activities, distance, elevation...
- Fixes memory issues with new iOS6 maps.
- Fixed bugs with sounds (the alert sound when you deviate from the trail now doesn't stop the playing music and works when the screen is locked).
- Performance improvements.
- New activities including Nordic Walking
- Accummulated elevation algorithm improved.
- Link to choose a new password.
- Revised translations.
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Bug fix - shortcut to "Settings" when not logged in
Fixed several translations in German and Spanish
• To see which of your favorite trails are around your current location
• Explore trails and pre-visualize them as a list or on a map
• New terrain map layer available
• Availability of the Navigation Pack to download and follow trails
• Upload higher quality photos
• Advanced filters for specific searches
• Automatic trail name suggestions
• More languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Catalan)
- Fixed Save button issue when staying disabled after canceling an upload to Wikiloc.
- Improved some translations.