Learn how to write thousands of Chinese characters - it's educational, entertaining and addictive!
— It's easy to play —
Characters fall from the top of the screen - you have to tap them and draw them correctly to score points. Just don't let them reach the bottom, or - kaboom! Let five of them drop and the game is finished! But the learning continues; you can review everything that you saw, complete with stroke order diagrams and testing at your own pace. Characters you made the most mistakes on are highlighted at the top of the list.
— It's more than a game —
• trainchinese Chinese Writer can test you on 5,300 Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters, and features stroke-order diagrams, English explanations and high quality audio recordings for every possible pronunciation of each one.
• The app remembers which characters you've had trouble writing and prioritises them in future games, as well as highlighting them in the character pack browsing screen.
• Includes an animated introduction to the basic rules for writing Chinese characters.
— It's suitable for everyone —
• Characters are divided into packs by difficulty according to the official HSK standard. Hundreds are included in this free download.
• Create your own packs by searching for characters by Pinyin. You can even mix Pinyin, English and Chinese characters in one search to find as many results as possible, and one tap adds them all to your custom pack.
• Your kids can play. Your grandmother can too. Now everyone can enjoy the pleasure of learning this beautiful system of writing.
• Whatever your writing level, you'll improve with trainchinese Chinese Writer. Beginners can start with simpler characters and at a slower pace, while experienced students will blaze their way through those HSK 4 hanzi!
— It's connected —
• Create your own character packs and share them with friends by email.
• Feeling proud of yourself? Share your high score with your friends via Twitter and Facebook.
• Already a trainchinese user? Download the characters you're learning into trainchinese Chinese Writer for free!
Learn to write Chinese characters with trainchinese Chinese Writer. It's educational, entertaining - and addictive!
Version 2.6 (May 14, 2015)
Search of characters with uppercase and lowercase letters
Possibility of duplicate character packs to edit them
Bugfixes for latest versions of iOS
Version 2.5 (Sep 16, 2013)
- Bug fixes
- Updates for new iOS
Version 2.3 (Oct 10, 2012)
- Interoperability with trainchinese
Version 2.2 (Sep 25, 2012)
- iOS 6-ready
- New mute button main menu
- New stroke guide feature in Browsing mode
Version 2.1 (May 31, 2012)
1. Better animation performance on new iPad
2. 40 new characters added to existing packs
3. Russian language now supported, and integration with VKontakte website added
3. Bugfixes, including issue with "zi4" character
Version 2.0 (Apr 19, 2012)
★ 3 new character packs taking you beyond HSK!
★ Almost 2,000 new characters
★ By popular request: play in either "tracing" or "writing" mode. In the latter, you don't see a character once you've started to draw it. It's really tough, but double the points!
★ Ability to use trainchinese word lists extended to all users
Version 1.5 (Nov 19, 2011)
✓ Custom packs: make, name and share your own character packs
✓ Search characters using their English definitions, as well as Chinese or Pinyin
Version 1.2 (Jun 30, 2011)
- Traditional character stroke orders now follow consistent standards set by HK Education Bureau
- App now records which characters you make the most mistakes on, and helps you to improve by prioritising them in games and browsing screens
- Listen button added to browsing screens
- New compressed character format takes up 10MB less room on your device!
Version 1.1 (Jun 08, 2011)
- Packs now include both Simplified characters and their Traditional variants, and it's easy to switch between the two.
- By popular request: build custom packs by searching for characters by Chinese or Pinyin!