Find My Friends allows you to easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Just install the app and invite friends to share locations by choosing from your contacts or entering their email addresses.
When a friend accepts your invitation using the Find My Friends app on their device, you can start following their location immediately and they can send a quick request to follow your location. If at any time you don’t want to be followed, you can hide your location with a single switch.
Find My Friends lets you set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at the airport, a child leaves school, or a family member arrives home safely. You can also set up alerts to notify friends about changes in your location.
For best location accuracy and notification performance, make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your device.
• Easily locate friends and family
• Location-based notifications
• Simple privacy controls
• Parental restrictions
• Free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Find My Friends Version 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
Version 4.0.1 (Oct 16, 2014)
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 4.0 (Sep 17, 2014)
This version of the Find My Friends app includes support for iOS 8 and allows users to move their friends list to their iCloud account if necessary.
Version 3.0 (Nov 19, 2013)
• Find My Friends has been updated with an all new design for iOS 7.
Version 2.1.1 (Aug 22, 2013)
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 2.1 (Mar 28, 2013)
• New UI to search for and set location-based notifications (requires iOS 6.1 or later)
Version 2.0.1 (Oct 29, 2012)
• Temporary friends are listed under Followers in the Me tab
• Friends' notifications regarding your location appear in Me > Followers
Version 2.0 (Sep 19, 2012)
• Location-based alerts (requires iOS 6)
• Friend Suggestions
Version 1.1 (Mar 07, 2012)
• Support for Retina display-capable devices
• Bug Fixes
• Stability enhancements