Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
Version 4.0 (Sep 17, 2014)
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
Version 3.0 (Oct 22, 2013)
• Find My iPhone has been updated with an all new design for iOS 7.
Version 2.0.3 (Aug 22, 2013)
What’s New in Version 2.0.3
• Support for Find My iPhone Activation Lock on devices running iOS 7
• Ability to display a phone number and custom message on your device even after remote erase (iOS 7 required)
Version 2.0.2 (Mar 21, 2013)
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 2.0.1 (Dec 11, 2012)
• Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later)
• Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase buttons appear separately from map view
Version 2.0 (Sep 19, 2012)
• Lost Mode (available on devices running iOS 6 or later)
• Battery Charge indicator
• Forever login (On iOS 6, if the account used to log in is the same as the iCloud account configured on the device and the device has passcode enabled on it.)
Version 1.4 (Mar 07, 2012)
• Support for Retina display-capable devices
• Bug Fixes
• Stability enhancements
Version 1.3 (Oct 12, 2011)
New features for iCloud users:
Ability to find a Mac
Option to request an email when an offline device comes online and is located
Version 1.2.1 (Aug 08, 2011)
• Various stability improvements
Version 1.2 (Jun 06, 2011)
• When you are unable to locate a device because it is is offline, you will receive an email if the device comes
online and is located.
• Ability to remove an offline device from the list using the app.
Version 1.1 (Nov 22, 2010)
• iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch (4th generation) owners can use Find My iPhone for free with their Apple ID (iOS
• Support for additional languages
• Important: this update is required for users of the previous version of Find My iPhone app (v1.0 and v1.0.1)
Version 1.0.1 (Sep 07, 2010)
• Support for the new iPod touch
• Translation fixes for French, German, and Japanese languages
• Various bug fixes