Handy GPS is an easy-to-use GPS information app that provides you with your GPS location fast and easy. You'll see at a glance your current Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, and more.
The mini-map rotates according to your course, or in the 3GS or iPhone 4, to your compass.
You also get access to a Reverse Geo-coder, which translates your current location coordinates to an actual address.
Sharing couldn't be easier, you can email your location, along with a map and a link to Google Maps right within app!
Don't want to email? You can Copy your current Latitude/Longitude, a link to Google Maps, or your current address with a tap of your finger!
"Handy GPS is a cool little app that lets you find your way around by using its digital compass." -GPSCrunch.com "77 Top GPS Applications for iPhone"
(iPhone 3G Users: The compass function is based on a GPS compass. This is not the same as a digital compass)
The developers of Handy GPS are not responsible for any damages the use of Handy GPS may cause to you or a third party. Do not use this application while driving or performing tasks which require your attention.
For entertainment purposes only. Not intended for use as a primary means of navigation.
Version 1.7.3 (Sep 12, 2012)
- Small Fixes
Version 1.7.2 (Oct 13, 2011)
Fixes a crash when using iOS 5
Version 1.7 (Aug 24, 2010)
Bug Fixes for Flashing Compass, Added some High Quality images for Retina Display
Version 1.6.0607 (Jun 17, 2010)
- Accuracy is now always displayed
- Altitude now displays Altitude Accuracy
Version 1.6.0311 (Mar 17, 2010)
Less lag and better performance.
Ability to access settings outside app.
Less Crashing, More GPSing.
Version 1.6.0228 (Mar 03, 2010)
- NEW: Copy Google Maps Link
- NEW: Mini-map updates (Zoom Level #s, New dot)
- 3GS Only: Mini-map Arrow pointing heading
- Bug Fixes & Performance Fixes
Version 1.5.929 (Oct 10, 2009)
Version 1.5.904 (Sep 17, 2009)
- Ability to choose the way coordinates are displayed (D, DM.mm, DMS.s)
- New Background Images
- Ability to change settings within the app
- Ability to zoom in and out on the mini map
- Some performance enhancements
Version 1.3.1 (Aug 27, 2009)
- Bug Fixes
Version 1.3 (Aug 23, 2009)
- Handy GPS now knows what "slide" you had selected.
- New "Dark Gray" background option.
- Email message now has embedded map!
- Geocoder now gives out a full address (not available in all areas)
- Addresses provided by the Geocoder can now be Copied! Just double tap the address to copy!
- Auto-Lock is now disabled by default. If you've set Prevent Auto Lock, Handy GPS will respect that setting.
Version 1.2 (Aug 18, 2009)
- In-App Battery Meter
- E-Mail message contents improved
- New loading screen
- Geocoder now requires manual refresh to avoid unnecessary updates.
- Mini-map can now be disabled to improve performance on iPhone 3G
- Rewrote Handy GPS Location engine for better performance
- Added disclaimer reminding iPhone 3G users of compass functionality
Version 1.1.1 (Jul 25, 2009)
- Rotating Mini-Map depending on Compass or Course
- Faster compass movement on iPhone 3GS
- Reverse Geocoding (not available in all areas)
Version 1.1 (Jul 14, 2009)
- 3GS Compass Compatibility
- New cleaner interface
- Bigger Mini-map, Compass
- Spanish Localization
- New Icon, send feedback
- Bug Fixes
- General Optimizations