THE GROOVE SKETCHPAD
iMASCHINE puts professional groove production in the palm of your hand.
"The subway just got way more fun." (GIZMODO)
"A brillliantly designed little app, far more flexible than beatboxes and more than the sketchpad it is billed as. Export to Maschine rounds off the package." (Music Tech, UK)
Create a beat on 16 pads. Add a melody with the keyboard. Spice up your track with a field recording or lay down vocals, and even sample directly from iTunes.
No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production.
- 16 pads for real-time groove production on your iOS device
- Included library features 100 MB of content: 10 projects, 25 kits, and over 400 samples
- Additional ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack derived from MASCHINE 2 Library adds 20 kits, 10 projects, 15 instruments, and over 400 samples to iMASCHINE’s library (email registration required)
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Record your own one-shot samples through the integrated microphone on your iOS device
- Keyboard mode for playing chords, bass, and melodies
- Note repeat with 1/4 note to 1/32 note range for keyboard and drum pad mode
- Audio recorder lets you record vocals, field recordings or any audio from your iOS device’s microphone
- Assign any of the 4 groups to any mode, e.g. for use as a 4-track recorder
- Mixer page with XY performance pads includes two send effects per group: delay, flanger, chorus, and various filters
- Live-mode sequencer automatically detects recorded loop length
- Import your own 44.1 kHz 16-bit .WAV samples via iTunes
- Huge collections of additional drum kits and instrument sounds called iMASCHINE Expansions available through in-app store
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO
- Universal Binary. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all devices connected with that iTunes account
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system with unprecedented physical control thanks to its generous control layout, jog wheel, and two big high res displays for ultimate visual feedback.
MASCHINE is the classic groove production system with straight forward hardware workflow, 8 display knobs for tweaking instruments and effect parameters plus dedicated groups button to switch sounds fast.
MASCHINE MIKRO has the same high-quality, touch-sensitive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE in a more compact format. The perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE or a tactile addition to any production or performance setup.
Check out the Native Instruments website for more info, artist and product videos, images, sound examples and more:
Version 1.2.2 (Jun 05, 2015)
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Version 1.2.1 (May 20, 2015)
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Version 1.2.0 (Dec 11, 2014)
Audiobus integration – chain the sound from iMaschine into apps such as GarageBand
Inter-App Audio integration – stream audio output to other apps. Supports transport control and sync on iPad, supports transport sync on iPhone.
Non-destructive Sample Start/Stop position editing
Improved workflow for Track/Song Import via iTunes
Covers and artist names shown when browsing iTunes songs
Fixes display issues on iPhone 6+ devices
GUI and workflow improvements
///Please also note the new system requirements:
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher
Version 1.1.1 (May 27, 2014)
- Fixed a crash when importing files not available locally
- Fixed several smaller issues
- Documentation refinements
Version 1.1.0 (May 22, 2014)
What's new in version 1.1:
- iPad optimization for two handed-workflow
- Sampling from iTunes
- Free ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack
- XY performance controls on mixer page
- Swipe gestures for redo and undo
- GUI facelift
- Enhanced sample editing functionality, start and end point now adjustable
- iPhone 5 screen support
- Metronome on/off switch
Version 1.0.4 (May 22, 2012)
- Fixed Export to Maschine, now working for all users again
Version 1.0.3 (May 04, 2012)
- Overall Performance and stability improvements
- Fixed Note Repeat feature
- Solved export issues
- Fixed issue where a new Expansion title would not be available for purchase
Version 1.0.2 (Dec 06, 2011)
We found several crashes thanks to user feedback. All known bugs are fixed now. If you still encounter any, please contact our support via the support link here in iTunes to help find them.
Version 1.0.1 (Oct 05, 2011)
- Pattern Length feature