"Snap! is a photo annotation app that looks simple yet useful." - TUAW.com
"... the app does what it says! If you’ve ever come across a need to annotate photos, or think you could use something like this, then grab Snap!" - Christine Chan, appadvice.com
"I like using Snap! because it is one of those apps that does a task efficiently and cleanly, and does it well. The simplicity of use is fantastic and once you start using it, you’ll find that you can’t help but annotate before you fire pics off to FaceBook or Twitter." - AppleBitch.com
"Brilliant tool! - This thing is seriously good - it has a simple interface but there is lots of power. ... Easy to use for casual use, but actually powerful enough for research and professional work!" - loblolly NZ user
Check out a video of Snap in action at http://snap.codecrop.com/
Snap is the easiest way to add notes to your photos! Just snap a photo, write as many notes as you want, move them around with your finger and it'll be saved with the notes overlaid on it.
And sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Evernote or email is just a touch away.
Other apps can do this but only Snap has a beautiful and intuitive interface that makes using it easy and fun.
Snap is so fast and easy to use that it can be used as a replacement for the iPhone built-in camera app and be used in a number of situations:
- You're shopping for a new couch and taking a lot of pictures of your choices but later on you don't remember all the prices? Just write the prices on your picture. You can also write the dimensions, name of the store, name of the salesperson, anything!
- Just moved to a new house and need to remember the size of your rooms so you can shop around? Just take a picture and write down all you want.
- Want to remember how this great wine you're drinking tastes like and how much it costs? Snap a picture of the bottle and write it all down!
- Want to document your kid's homework? Take a picture and write the date, grade, description and keep them forever!
- Traveling? Write the names of all the places you've been so you don't forget when showing them to your friends.
- Want to have some fun? Take pictures from your friends and family and add captions, subtitles and labels. Kids love to play with Snap's intuitive interface.
Other great features include:
* Color: Now you can change the text and box color as well as the font and size of the text.
* AirPrint: Print your annotated photos from your iPhone.
* Photo Library: You can write on ANY image of your iPhone's photo library, not only on the pictures you take with the app.
* Auto save: Don't worry about saving your pictures. Snap saves everything in the background so you can keep snapping and taking notes.
* Geotag: Your location is saved on your image file, just like on the iPhone built-in camera app (iOS 4.1 or greater only).
* Touch to focus: Touch on your screen to set the focus anywhere (iPhone 4, 3GS in iOS 4.0 or greater).
* Touch for exposure: Touch twice anywhere to set the light exposure (iPhone 4, 3GS in iOS 4.0 or greater).
* Flash: Control the flash on your iPhone 4 just like on the built-in camera app.
* Front Camera: With the iPhone 4, take pictures with the front camera just like on the built-in camera app.
* Picture quality: Choose from high quality or low quality pictures.
* Pinch and zoom: Add notes to specific areas with a different font size.
* Orientation: Portrait and landscape orientation when adding notes.
* Go to http://support.codecrop.com to see all the planned features we have and to make suggestions of your own.
* Please, don't use the review for questions or complaints, as we can't answer using iTunes but we'll answer every email you send to email@example.com.
Version 2.01 (Jan 02, 2015)
- Fixed issue with picture date being off.
Version 2.00 (Nov 26, 2014)
- iOS8 compatibility
- iPhone6 compatibility
- Better sharing
Version 1.51 (Feb 23, 2012)
* Fixed a bug with some sharing windows that would not go away in iOS 5
Version 1.50 (Dec 17, 2011)
* Rotate any note with 2 fingers!
* iOS 5 compatibility
* Bug fixes
Version 1.41 (Sep 15, 2011)
* Crushed some annoying bugs
* PhotoAppLink support (was on earlier version but explicit on this)
* Improved Evernote sharing. Now the notes are shared too!
Version 1.40 (Jul 20, 2011)
✔ New interface that shows your note right on the picture so you can see exactly what's gonna happen.
✔ New interface to change colors and font that uses the keyboard space so you can see your changes!
✔ Now you can insert the image's address, not just the GPS coordinates (inside the symbols keyboard).
✔ Animation when snapping a picture
✔ Speed enhancements
Version 1.30 (Jun 19, 2011)
✔ Instagram integration!
✔ The interface has been totally redesigned.
✔ Send to Flickr.
✔ Send to Evernote.
✔ Pinch to zoom in the camera!
✔ You can take squared pictures to send to Instagram.
Version 1.20 (May 25, 2011)
You ask and we listen. For this update you get:
✔ EXCLUSIVE: Insert symbols using our own symbols keyboard.
✔ Insert date, time and GPS coordinates (using the symbols keyboard)
✔ Change background transparency.
✔ More responsive interface.
✔ Now twitter sharing is done using yfrog to make it easier to view when using twitter's interface.
✔ Small bug fixes.
If you like using Snap, please support us by leaving a nice review on iTunes!
We're always trying to make Snap better. If you have any suggestions, please visit support.codecrop.com to contact us.
Version 1.10 (Apr 15, 2011)
✔ Double click to add a note
✔ Change text color
✔ Change background color
✔ Change text font
✔ Change text size
✔ Send to printer using AirPrint
✔ The annotated image is saved even if you leave the app while on the annotation screen
✔ UI Improvements
Version 1.01 (Mar 25, 2011)
★ New feature: Rounded corners on notes.
★ New feature: Share on Tumblr.
★ New feature: Controls change orientation on camera screen, just like the iPhone built-in camera app.
✔ Bug fix: On iOS version 4.1 or greater a picture taken in portrait was saved as landscape after adding notes.
✔ Bug fix: Some buttons were missing on landscape mode when adding notes.
✔ Bug fix: Also on landscape mode there was a problem with label placement.
Next update will bring the ability to choose text and background color as requested!