Old computer games couldn't be won. They just got harder and faster until you died. Try it yourself with The Last Mission!
The Last Mission app is a replica of an old computer game released in 1987 by the Spanish company Opera Soft, for the Sinclair Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, and MSX. It was also ported to the IBM PC platform.
The Last Mission is a side-view arcade game without scrolling (viewpoint moves from screen to screen) with map of big dimensions. You control a tank-like robot which can be divided in two: you rotate caterpillar and head-cannon, and the head part can fly off on its own. However, the head can only survive separately for a short amount of time, and your restart position is dictated by the location of the body, even if the head has moved forward through further screens. Therefore, the difficulty of the game is in making it possible to advance with the assembled robot's two parts.
Version 1.2 (Apr 29, 2013)
- 4 new playable ships with different weapons.
- Health bonus in easy level.
- Improved graphics: dynamic lights and details on level backgrounds.
- New music themes and sound effects.
- Brand new secret level with bonus ship at the end.
- Integration with the Game Center (worldwide leader board).
- Game status is saved between app runs.
- Updated GUI with a little help on the game.
- Adjusted controls positions for iPad.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.1 (Feb 24, 2013)
- Introduced „Easy“ game mode
- Improved game graphics
- Each level completion can be posted on Facebook or Twitter (iOS 6 required)
- Minor bug fixes