The Weather Channel and weather.com - local forecasts, radar, and storm tracking
Enjoy the best day possible with the most accurate forecast available. When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There. Favorite features:
•Detailed forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour.
•Social weather: Share your weather conditions with us! We will use that information to identify hard-to-predict spots to improve the forecast for those areas. Plus, whenever you report your weather, you can take and share a photo of your current weather. We’ll keep track of your reports so you’ll have a personalized weather history.
•Incredibly fast and accurate maps offer past and future radar.
•Push alerts & badges help make sure you know about the severe weather around you.
•Hurricane Central: Get detailed hurricane tracking, news, and videos for the 2014 season.
•From big storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news and videos.
•Seasonal tools, like our airport delays module, boat and beach module, and pollen alerts, help you plan around the weather.
•Beautiful and easy to use. Perfectly aligned to the iOS 7 aesthetic.
•Amazing background photos match your location and current weather conditions.
•Navigation: swipe up and down to view the detailed forecasts and news stories or swipe right to left to browse your saved locations
•Detailed weather conditions including “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure.
To learn more about this new app, watch our demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPpUK7H1cw&feature=em-share_video_user
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON SOCIAL AND WEB:
Check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news and for tracking severe weather. Your WEATHER™ wherever and whenever you want it.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
SUPPORTS iOS 7.0 AND ABOVE
Version 6.6 (Mar 25, 2015)
Local Weather Video: Get your local forecast delivered to you by our expert meteorologists. Located in the Right Now section.
Video: Find more of the videos you love in this improved layout.
Social Weather Photography: Easily share your best weather photos directly from the app. From the perfect sunset to the tallest snowman, show your friends that It’s Amazing Out There.
Version 6.5 (Feb 27, 2015)
Rain & Snow Notifications: Sign up to receive your personal, daily forecast for rain or snow so you can prepare and take on the day
Breaking News Alerts: Sign up and stay informed on major events.
Update to Ski Slopes: Get information on the resorts closest to your location.
Version 6.4.2 (Jan 31, 2015)
Version 6.4.1 (Dec 20, 2014)
Video Categories: access your Local video forecasts on-the-go, and see clips from our On TV network shows with our improved video player.
Version 6.4 (Nov 20, 2014)
Ski Module: find the perfect powder near you, and around the globe, with our newly activated ski forecast module, which tells you the snow conditions at all of the resorts near your saved locations.
Social Weather: report any weather condition to us using Social Weather. Now, with more weather conditions to choose from!
Easier Sharing: share world-class, up-to-the-minute news and videos with easy-to-use share buttons.
Hybrid units of weather: customize your measurement preferences between Imperial, Metric, and Hybrid units of measure.
Version 6.3.3 (Nov 01, 2014)
Version 6.3.2 (Oct 17, 2014)
Version 6.3 (Sep 19, 2014)
Social Weather--If the conditions are right for hail, thunderstorms, or fog we now allow you to report it to us using Social Weather.
Widgets— iOS8 allows us to bring The Weather Channel widgets to you, so you can easily get weather information on-the-go.
Weekend Forecast — Now our 10 Day Forecast includes a detailed Weekend Forecast, so you can plan your weekend fun.
Version 6.2.2 (Aug 23, 2014)
This is a bug fix release.
Version 6.2.1 (Aug 06, 2014)
Bug fixes to correct for in-application time being off by one hour.
In order to fix the time in your app:
1. Download version 6.2.1.
2. Open the app. (There will be no changes).
3. You will see the time correct itself after the first time you close the application and reopen it.
Version 6.2 (Jul 30, 2014)
We get it -- your life revolves around the weather. To help you plan seasonal activities and stay safe during
hurricane season, the app now tells you the latest about:
•Hurricane Central: Get detailed hurricane tracking, news, and videos, just in time for the peak of the 2014 season.
•Boat and Beach Planner: Going to the beach? Be prepared with the marine forecast summary, including local tides and water temperature.
Version 6.1 (Jun 06, 2014)
You spoke, and we listened! Here are a few of our most popular, new changes:
• Colored weather icons are back (replacing the all-white ones)
• Detailed current conditions can be viewed by swiping up (instead of tapping on the circle)
• The 36-hour forecast is back (simply tap "more" under the 10-day forecast)
• Map layers are back
• Errors that prevented you from getting forecasts for your GPS location have been fixed
• Improved readability
• Quickly return to the top of your "feed" by pressing the up arrow
• Bug fixes
Version 6.0.1 (May 07, 2014)
Various bug fixes
Version 6.0.0 (Apr 24, 2014)
Wow! Introducing our beautiful new scroll down iOS 7 redesign:
Social Weather—Share your weather conditions with us! We will use that information to identify hard-to-predict spots to improve the forecast for those areas. Plus, whenever you report your weather, you can take and share a photo of your current weather. We’ll keep track of them so you’ll have a personalized weather history.
Radar maps—Faster than ever
Design—Beautiful and easy to use. Perfectly aligned to the iOS7 aesthetic.
Improved navigation—swiping right to left allows you to browse your saved locations, whereas the detailed forecasts and stories can be viewed by swiping up and down. Check out detailed weather conditions by tapping the circle on the main screen.
App Icon—A new look for the app icon on your home screen signals something completely different, but with the same trusted weather information.
Version 5.5.2 (Jan 13, 2014)
Bug fixes and other improvements.
Version 5.5.1 (Nov 18, 2013)
Bug fixes and other improvements
Version 5.5.0 (Oct 07, 2013)
Thanks for your feedback and support! Here are the latest improvements:
- Even better local forecast
- Enhanced for iOS 7
- Bug fixes
Version 5.4.1 (Jul 17, 2013)
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes
Version 5.4.0 (Jun 06, 2013)
- NEW! TRAVEL WATCH - Save your favorite travel routes and commutes to see how they will be impacted by the weather. To set these up, simply click the travel icon (driving car) on the “Radar Map” page and follow the prompts
- NEW! Hurricane Central gives you the latest tropical storm and hurricane updates so you can stay informed during the 2013 Hurricane Season.
- Improved Radar Maps animation buttons and easier to access map layers under the page curl.
- Bug fixes
Version 5.3.1 (Apr 22, 2013)
Pollen alert bug fix
Video player bug fix
Version 5.3.0 (Mar 27, 2013)
- Improved 15-minute forecasts within your Hourly view
- EXPECT RAIN tab on your Now screen. If snow, rain or thunderstorms start or change in the next 6 hours the EXPECT RAIN tab appears to let you know
- Cleaner design for faster navigation to your live radar and maps, the latest videos, and local pollen levels
- New video player with enhanced viewing experience
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Improved severe weather alerts
Version 5.2.0 (Jan 22, 2013)
-Future Radar! Know where the storm is going to go.
-Pull down to refresh your weather data or simply press the new refresh icon
-Bug fixes & optimizations
Version 5.1.0 (Sep 21, 2012)
- NEW! Severe Push Notifications for U.S. locations (manage in Settings menu)
- NEW! Share button with improved features
- Improved video streaming
- Bug fixes for performance
- Supports iOS 5.0 and above
- iOS 6 compatible
Version 5.0.1 (Jun 08, 2012)
Fixed in this release:
1. Issue where application freezes on startup screen
2. Issue where application force-closes when returning from background
3. Improved GPS/TruPoint "Find Me"
4. Improved international type-ahead search
5. Minor bug fixes
Version 5.0.0 (May 17, 2012)
INTRODUCING AN ALL-NEW DESIGN!
The Weather Channel 5.0 for iPhone is the first major redesign since our initial launch in 2009 of the world’s most popular weather app!
• Swipe between locations within the app, and swipe to the far left position to return your TruPoint(sm) current
• Beautiful weather-triggered imagery changes the app background based on your local weather conditions
• New easy-to-use buttons:
-“Find Me Now” button integrated with Search icon
- Standard Search icon replaced the open search box
- Settings / Information icon now on all screens
- Detailed weather data collapsed for better visual experience with expandable button for more information
• Improved location management to easily save, edit and delete your favorite locations
• Prominent severe badges quickly alert you of severe weather conditions
• Add your own photo to the app – customize the background image to be a personal photo and add different weather overlays (within Settings)
• A built-in camera button on the Home Screen – take pictures and share through iWitness, Twitter, Facebook and email. iWitness users: we may even share your weather photos on The Weather Channel or weather.com!
Version 4.3.0 (Mar 24, 2012)
- NEW! Pollen push alerts for U.S. locations in time for Pollen season (manage in Settings tab)
- The “In Season” tab now has your National & Local Pollen forecasts
Version 4.2.0 (Jan 24, 2012)
• NEW! Forecasted Snow Accumulation amounts for the next 72 hours
• Improved Favorites list functionality
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Version 4.1.1 (Oct 15, 2011)
We appreciate all your feedback, and thank you for your patience!
This new version will greatly improve stability, eliminate crashing, and make the maps and radar experience faster and more responsive. Please rate this version to let us know how we're doing.
NEW in 4.1.1:
- iOS 5 compatible
- Map code rewrite to improve maps and radar speed, stability, and performance
- Removed "How's Your Weather" button from current conditions screen, based on customer feedback
- Added more "Must See" video clips
Version 4.1.0 (Aug 26, 2011)
USERS: We appreciate your feedback about our app crashing and slowness of the interactive maps. Our teams have diligently worked to quickly identify and fix these problems in this version 4.1.0.
In light of the active hurricane season, we value your safety and wanted to provide you with this update for stability and performance as soon as possible. We will continue to improve our map experience, including occasional missing map tiles.
Please rate this version to let us know how we're doing, and also send any feedback to us directly at
email@example.com. Thank you for using The Weather Channel!
• Hurricane Central - inside the Maps section, you’ll find a new collection of storm track maps and projected path maps for active hurricanes and storms, plus maps for other tropical activity in the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, and Pacific.
• Improved performance and speed of Interactive Maps
• Fixed crash issues
Version 4.0.1 (Aug 15, 2011)
USERS: We have heard your feedback about the GPS Location Services arrow staying on.
This version 4.0.1 will correct the issue as soon as you download the update and launch the app.
Version 4.0.0 (Aug 11, 2011)
USERS: We have heard your feedback about the GPS Location Services arrow staying on.
We are working on an update very soon that will help fix this.
Thank you for your patience!
New Social section:
We are very excited to announce that we have integrated Twitter in a way that’s never been done before. You can post tweets and see what people in your area are saying about the weather, right from your phone!
A complete code rewrite makes our interactive maps and other app features amazingly fast.
SUPPORTS iOS VERSIONS 4.0+
Version 3.2.0 (Mar 25, 2011)
- "On TV" section with the latest information about amazing new programs on The Weather Channel
- Bug fixes and general maintenance
Version 3.1.2 (Feb 15, 2011)
- Addressing bug fixes based on consumer feedback
Version 3.1.1 (Feb 07, 2011)
- Fixed crash bugs
- New Share button
Version 3.1.0 (Jan 07, 2011)
- iWitness Weather: upload photos and video of exciting weather you catch on camera!
- Improved video section with top news stories
- Updated Email "share" button
- Fixed loading screen issue
NOTE: Users who have experienced loading screen issues should also reset Location Warnings in your Apple Settings:
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location Warnings
We also recommend upgrading to iOS 4.2+
- Road Cams: unfortunately, this feature is no longer available in the application. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Version 3.0.1 (Nov 08, 2010)
- Fixed issue of loading screen hang-up when Location Services are turned off
- General maintenance fixes
Version 3.0.0 (Sep 02, 2010)
Features in new version 3.0.0 include:
- View weather for people in your Contacts list
- Post weather to your Facebook wall
- Hurricane Central: up to the minute coverage of tropical storms and hurricanes
Version 2.83 (Jul 08, 2010)
Now iOS4 compatible!
Improvements in this release include:
• New higher resolution graphics
• Fixed issue of missing data based on user feedback
• Updated map functionality
• Minor stability enhancements
Thanks for using The Weather Channel!
Version 2.82 (Jun 17, 2010)
- Improved zooming on maps
- Easier access to Find Me
- Now supports Simplified Chinese
Version 2.81 (May 11, 2010)
Fix to severe weather badge
Misc. performance optimizations
Version 2.80 (Apr 27, 2010)
- Full screen option on maps
- Faster zoom, pan and animation on maps
- Pollen forecast (found under In Season)
- New, sliding toolbar
Version 2.76 (Dec 11, 2009)
Compatible with OS 2.1 and above
Version 2.75 (Dec 08, 2009)
REQUIRES OS 3.0 OR ABOVE!
- Addition of Dew Point to Current Conditions
- Share weather without leaving app
- Fix to "Nulls" issue
Version 2.03 (Aug 15, 2009)
- Name changed from Standard to TWC
- 2.0 compatibility bug fix
- Celsius/Fahrenheit restored under Locations
Version 2.02 (Jul 28, 2009)
Maps Control Panel
In-App link to App Store
Fix to dates on 10-day forecast
Version 2.01 (Apr 07, 2009)
• Delete locations bug fixed
• Support email address fixed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Timestamps corrected on International radar maps
• Minor edits to “Share” emails
Version 2.76 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
Compatible with OS 2.1 and above