Word Finder allows you to find and check valid words in all popular crossword games such as Scrabble®, Words With Friends, etc.
• Enter the tiles on your rack (including blanks)
• Find all possible words, ordered by score or word length
• Enter an existing word on the board that you'd like to attach to
• Find all possible words that could attach to that word: alongside it, crossing it, extending it, or fitting between multiple words
• No internet connection required to search
• Look up definition using the built-in iPhone dictionary or search online
• Check if a word is valid
• Includes Words With Friends & Lexulous as well as other popular word games
• Supports multiple dictionaries:
•• Words With Friends (ENABLE + WWF extensions)
•• USA tournament (TWL06)
•• USA home & schools (OSPD4)
•• International 2012 (CSW12)
•• International 2007 (CSW07)
•• Generic (only words present in all word game dictionaries)
•• Lexulous: (US English)
•• Lexulous: (UK English)
Word Finder is a helper app for popular word games. It is not affiliated with the makers of these games.
This app is not made by or endorsed by the makers of Scrabble®. Scrabble® is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc. Corporation and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited.
Version 2.4 (Jul 08, 2014)
"Rate on App Store" now works again.
If you tried to rate the app before but couldn't, it should work now. Sorry for the problems. I read every review, and I really appreciate them!
Version 2.3 (Dec 03, 2013)
A new look-and-feel if you're using iOS 7.
Don't lose definitions on iOS 7 - when you look up a definition you'll get instructions for how to download a dictionary.
Version 2.2 (Aug 29, 2013)
• fixed a few small bugs
• added a 'back' button to the 'Information' page as some people were unsure how to get back to the 'Find Words' page
Version 2.1 (Jul 29, 2013)
Bug fix: "Definition on Google" now works again
Bug fix: some menus had a green background making them hard to read
Sorry for breaking these in the last update :-(
Version 2.0 (Jul 24, 2013)
*** Sorry, there's a small bug in this version - "Definition on Google" doesn't work, and some of the menus have the wrong background making them hard to read. I've submitted a fix - Apple should approve it in the next few days. You might want to wait for that version before updating. Sorry! ***
Main change: iPad support!
I've finally added support for the iPad - iPad users will now see a multiple-column layout using the whole screen, and can see more words at once, and quickly navigate through the different options. I hope you like it.
• Updated the Words With Friends dictionary to match updates to the WWF app
• Fixed an occasional crash when starting the app
• Fixed a problem where the app would freeze if you started it on an iPad held in the "landscape" (sideways) orientation
• Removed the "Report this word" button as many people were tapping it accidentally. You can still report dictionary problems using the "Report a problem" button on the Information page.
Version 1.3 (Nov 25, 2012)
Support for iPhone 5 and iOS6.
Update dictionaries to most recent versions.
Fixed a bug where the 'Info' tab would sometimes appear repeatedly.
Version 1.2 (May 12, 2012)
Minor bug fixes/improvements:
* Bug fix: For a few users the 'Information' screen was being shown automatically every time they started the app.
It is only supposed to be shown automatically if there is new information on that page.
* Improvement: add more detailed information in the 'This word isn't valid' email to help me sort out dictionary problems.
Also, apologies to those who found the previous update confusing. The new 'Alongside' results have bumped the 'Extending' and 'Crossing' results to further down the page - but they are still there if you scroll down!
If you need further help, just use the 'Report a problem' button in the app to email me!
Version 1.1 (Apr 26, 2012)
WARNING: DO NOT UPDATE UNLESS YOUR DEVICE IS RUNNING IOS 4.2 OR ABOVE!
If you do upgrade, the app may be deleted, and the only way to get it back is if you have a backup of your iTunes data on your computer!
I tried hard to make this update work on iOS 3, but almost all the new features rely on iOS4 :-(
Note: if you had problems with the previous version suggesting words that didn't work in your game, please try this new version. I have created a wizard that helps you select the correct dictionary to hopefully eliminate this problem.
* lateral results (words alongside existing words forming lots of 2-letter words)
* find words that fit between two or more existing words on the board
* wizard to help you select the correct game and dictionary
* 3 new dictionaries (CSW2012, OSPD4, generic) in addition to TWL2006, CSW2007 and WWF
* lists of useful words (2-letter words, Q without U, etc)
* many word definitions are now built-in without needing internet access (iOS 5 devices only)
* quickly scroll through word lists using the index on the right
* option to send an email direct to the author so I can help you promptly with any problems
* context-sensitive help throughout the app
* the letters you enter are now saved when you stop and restart the app
* fix occasional crashes when viewing lists of words