The Amazon Underground app includes enhanced features and access to content that isn’t available on the Amazon
Shopping app found on Google Play. Underground combines Amazon’s best mobile shopping experience with instant streaming
of Amazon Instant Video. Optimized for your mobile phone, Underground allows you to quickly search, compare prices, read
reviews, share products with friends, access Gold Box deals (US only) and make purchases securely.
** Requires Android OS 4.03 & up and rear facing camera.
The app requires the permissions listed below to operate properly. We have provided a specific explanation of how the app uses each permission so that our customers can be sure that we are using them in their best interests, to improve the customer experience:
* Read Contacts permission is used to provide customers access to their phone contacts from the app for the purposes of sending Amazon gift cards.
* SMS permission is used to simplify the sign up process for features such as Mobile Carrier Billing and Amazon Mobile Accounts that require phone number verification.
* Camera permission is used to enable the Scan It feature, which allows customers to perform product searches by scanning a barcode or pointing their camera at a product they are interested in.
* Microphone permission is used to enable the voice search and voice assistant features, and the microphone is left off when these features are not in use.
* Location permission is used to enable a convenience store delivery service offered by Amazon in France and Japan only.
* Phone status permission is required to support notifications in China.
* Storage permission is used to enable the downloading of 3rd party apps from the Amazon Underground App to device storage.
|Amazon Silk - Web Browser|
|Amazon Cloud Cam|
|Amazon Shopping for Fire TV|
|Amazon App Suite|
|Amazon Restaurant Manager|