The AFV (Android File Verifier) application is a tool for helping to verify & validate that files transferred
to your Android device are whole and uncorrupted. Functions include:
* MD5 / SHA1 checksum/digest calculation (also supports SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512 algorithms)
* Validation of signed jar-type files (.jar, .apk, .zip); you can use this to verify a signed .zip file even if you don't know the MD5 checksum
* Nandroid backup directory MD5 verification (i.e., verify backups created by custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod, Amon_RA, TWRP)
Excellent tool for root users (but does not require root).
How To Use:
* From the home screen, press the "Select File" button to enter the file-selector
* Top row (folder icon with the green up arrow) always displays the currently selected directory (touch this row to navigate UP one directory level)
* Back key can also be used to navigate UP one directory level (will return to main screen when back key is pressed at the root directory)
* Navigate to other subdirectories by touching a directory row (folder icon)
* Touch screen and drag up and down to scroll through all files and directories in currently selected directory
* Long-press on a file to view the available functions:
- Calc MD5 Checksum
- Calc SHA1 Checksum
- Verify Jar-type file
- Verify Nandroid Backup (long-press backup folder name or long-press nandroid.md5 file to verify the backup)
- md5sum -c Type Check (operates on any .md5 file)
- Calc SHA224 Checksum
- Calc SHA256 Checksum
- Calc SHA384 Checksum
- Calc SHA512 Checksum
1. Version 1.8 works on Android version 2.3 and higher
2. Does not require root, but is useful for root users to validate ROMs, signed update.zip-type files, etc.
3. Visit https://sites.google.com/site/scaryalienware/afv
4. Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any issues, problems, comments, questions, or suggestions regarding this app.
Thanks and enjoy!
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
|AFV (Android File Verifier)|