Do you like to play abstract strategy board games? Try the Dama Free app. Dama Free is Turkish checkers for your
The game is played on an eight by eight board with 16 game pieces lined up on each side. Move one square forward or sideways or jump to capture your opponent's piece. When one of your pieces reaches the back row of your opponent's side, the piece is promoted to king. King pieces move any number of squares forward or sideways and can jump to capture any piece.
Your objective is to capture all your opponent's pieces, or to reduce your opponent to not being able to make any move on the board.
Basic Game Rules:
- Single piece can capture in any 3 directions
- King piece can capture by jumping to a vacant square beyond an adverse piece
- Single piece or king can continue jumping to a vacant square as long as possible
- Player can take maximum number of opponent's pieces when jumping and capturing
- Capturing with a 180 degree turn between two captures is illegal
- Each captured piece must be removed from the board before continuing
Give Dama Free a try, beat the built-in A.I. opponent, and submit your scores and achievements to OpenFeint.
Please note that this app is ad-supported.