The Collins English Dictionary is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language. Not only is the
dictionary comprehensive and authoritative with its 123,000 headwords and 200,000 definitions, but it also offers
outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English. Including a much wider range of words than ever before, the
extensive coverage of geographical, scientific, and technical entries has been updated by the Collins team of leading
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
Fully-revised language notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of word histories trace the roots of modern English. All this has been complemented with a refreshingly clutter-free design, which is easy to use and easy on the eye, taking you straight to the information you need with the minimum of fuss.
* Have confidence
Discover all the latest words as they appear in the language.
* Get it right
You can rely on Collins; all our definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes are based on the Collins Word Web - our unrivalled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
* Get there fast
Accessible layout that's easy on the eye, guiding you quickly to what you want.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
* A quick search of words while you type.
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
* A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
* Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
* History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
* Discover more using the included special language notes.
* See words in context with example sentences.
* 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
|Collins Essential Dictionary|
|File Commander - File Manager|
|Quick PDF Scanner Pro|
|The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics|
|PhotoSuite Pro 4|
|Oxford Dictionary of World Mythology|
|Oxford Dictionary of Dentistry|
|Oxford Dictionary of the Bible|
|Oxford Dictionary of Astronomy|
|The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology|
|Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists|
|Oxford Dictionary of Geology and Earth Sciences|
|Oxford Dictionary of Physics|
|Oxford Dictionary of Music|
|Oxford Dictionary of Nursing|
|Oxford Dictionary of Critical Theory|
|Oxford Dictionary of Philosophy|
|Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry|
|Oxford Dictionary of Finance and Banking|
|Oxford Dictionary of World History|
|Oxford Dictionary of Literary Terms|