Langenscheidt dictionaries - dictionaries, phrasebooks and reference products for school, home, office, and travel
from the most internationally renowned and leading publishers in the fields of Languages.
Langenscheidt Standard-Wörterbuch Russisch:
• Around 74,856 entries (250,000 references and translations)
• Both translation directions (German Russian)
• Current vocabulary from general conversation and numerous specialist areas
• Information on grammar and spelling variations
• Notes on expressions and particular contexts
• For everyday, business and travel
The new full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
• Enter a query into the input field and Langenscheidt will automatically build a list of entries containing your query, increasing the probability of finding the right definition.
• Find precise word translations containing a number of usage examples.
• Because full text search supports the Morphology module and ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling or grammatical word form.
• Additionally, full text search displays search results (dictionary entries) in both language directions at once without the need to switch directions manually.
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways.
• General search
• New! Full text search
• New! Search for anagrams (e.g. bat-tab)
• New! Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
• Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
• Similar words search in case of misspelling
Translate and input features
• Enter words in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to Langenscheidt.
• Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form (for Russian language).
• NEW! Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making the Langenscheidt-App a must-have for any language scholar (for Russian language)!
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• NEW! Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes dictionary use simple.
• NEW! Favorites.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
About Langenscheidt Publishing Group
The Langenscheidt Publishing Group is best known for its area of core competence: dictionaries and language learning material in various formats and on diverse media. Langenscheidt sets the highest editorial and production standards for all the products it publishes. The corporate logo, a blue “L” on a yellow background, is instantly recognized by many people all over the world.