This app extends the fee versions of BJ Bridge, adding features: SIMPLIFIED BIDDING system for BEGINNERS, Standard
Acol (to EBU Foundation, Level 2 and beyond), Benji Acol, Standard American Yellow Card (SAYC, to ACBL guidelines).
• Add extra conventions, e.g. 5-card majors, Benji weak and strong twos, Two-over-one system, ELH two-suited overcall, ASPTRO or Landy 1NT overcall defence, Roman Key Card Blackwood (1340 or 0314 options), standard Blackwood, Gerber, Quantitative 4NT, Baron 3C ‘Normal’ Stayman or Puppet, Stayman, Jacoby 2NT 1-suit support, Truscott 2NT 1-suit dbl support, Ogust responses, Inverted minors, Unassuming cue bid, Splinter, Strong jump overcall, Weak take-out choices.
Specify your preferred high card point ranges for opening the bidding. Choose strong or weak 2 openers
**Note for BEGINNERS and improvers: choose from 8 bidding styles from beginner to advanced. Then turn off any convention you do not recognise and set "aggression" to low.
You will find the bidding easier to follow!
Experienced players can make full use of the convention card wizard to match BJ Bridge to their preferred bidding style.
• Use Bluetooth to connect up with another player. Play with your partner anywhere, without Internet access!
• Play in any combination of seats at the same time. Choose to see all hands or one at a time. Rotate the table to play from another hand position.
• Enjoy Duplicate Bridge. Bid from a familiar bidding box. See dummy and trick lay-out as you would expect in a real game. See your results compared to alternative computer results, in duplicate form. You can see a running average match percentage.
• There is an option to download and run bridge games from the web such as your local bridge club or International tournaments.
BriJ comes pre-loaded with some examples of tournaments. Compare your play with the champions!
• Download hands from your BridgeWebs club website. See optimum contracts, pairs scoring and replay the hands to find out where you went wrong! BriJ also comes pre-loaded with some examples of bridge club sessions that have already been played so you can see how you make out against club players.
• BriJ's own deals are totally random but you can ask BriJ Pro to select deals to illustrate a convention you want to practice.
• BriJ uses the same logic as real human players, without looking at other players’ cards. You have a reasonable chance of beating the computer.
Like a real player, BriJ may occasionally make mistakes, but it’s improving all the time. Look out for later releases!
• You can ask to see BriJ’s prediction of each contract results to use as your target to beat.
• EBU RED BOOK practice hands are also supplied, especially useful if you’re attending EBU lessons.
• See the website http://www.go2bjs.co.uk for details of the extensive optional features of BriJ,
including information on how to get started with BriJ and its tutorial system.
• If you find any problem or have queries / suggestions, please email Helen at