Serenity for Android is a client for the Plex Media Server. It provides an optimized layout for large screen
devices, Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and navigation using a remote control or keyboard. Serenity lets you access videos,
and music from the Plex Media Server to play on your device. You can use the internal video player or external players
are supported if the videos do not play on your device with the internal player.
A Plex Media Server must be running on the local area network in order to use Serenity. Video/Audio playback only supports the formats that the Amazon Fire TV natively supports (MP4/MKV). AC3 audio is only supported in MP4 containers. Use an external player like MX Player for other formats otherwise you may get no Video or Audio when playing content. If you require transcoding support, use the official Plex application or an external player with Serenity.
Depending on the device not all videos will play back. It is highly dependent on the video and audio codecs the device supports. The wider the supported codecs the more it can play back. Make sure your device supports the format or use an external player with Serenity for the best experience.
What is supported:
* Server auto discovery and configuration
* Video containers in MKV with AAC audio, MP4 with AAC/AC3 audio.
If the Fire Tv plays it back natively, Serenity will play it.
* Any Plex Media Server no version restrictions
* Video Queue and Continuous playback
* Optimized layout for TV screens and larger tablets.
* All screens Remote Control optimized.
* Some game controllers may work but not optimized for all.
* Enhanced navigation features for keyboard or remote controls.
* Movie and TV Show libraries
* Music Libraries
* Internal video player with On Screen Display and Remote Control support.
* External players supported on tablets and Google TV
* Direct Play with internal or external media player with supported codecs
* Automatic subtitle selection configuration option
* Update viewing position when using external player
* User configurable layout preferences and starting categories
* Multiple Layouts (Grid View and Detail View)
* Download videos to the device (no Plex Pass required)
* Content filtering via categories
* Preference for using Plex reported aspect ratios during video playback
* App localization for English, Spanish, and French.
What is not supported:
* Transcoding of video or audio.
* Plex Channels are not supported due to the dependency on transcoding of video and audio.
* Most phones are not supported.
* Remote play back with Plex specific remote apps
* Photo Libraries
* My Plex logins or Plex Pass features.
Users of myPlex should read our FAQ on our website in order to address any connectivity issues. Photo support is planned for later versions of the application.
Support and FAQs:
Keyboard and Remote controls: https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android/wiki/Remote-and-Keyboard-Controls
Open Source Repository: https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android/issues?state=open
Google Plus Page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/100427843958963974912/100427843958963974912/posts
|Serenity for Android|