ViMu is a media player application for Fire TV.
Stream your media from your Windows/Mac/Linux PC, NAS/Router, smartphone or tablet directly to your Fire TV!
- One minute setup!
- Lots of supported file formats: MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, TS, MPTS, WMV, DIVX, 3GP, VOB, MP3, FLAC, JPEG.
- Hardware decoding up to 4k (Fire TV 2nd gen) or 1080p (Fire TV 1st gen and Stick).
- 4K (2160p) content playback and auto refresh rate switching on Fire TV 2nd gen.
- Grid, list and double list navigation.
- Works as UPnP Renderer (DLNA Receiver).
- Simple and fast Android TV-style Leanback user interface.
- Navigation and playback from internal storage, SD cards and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation, search and playback from UPnP/DLNA servers.
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers.
- Switching audio tracks in multilingual files.
- Aspect ratio change.
- AC3/EAC3 pass-though on any Fire TV unit.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (you need to have an srt (lower case extension) file in the same directory as your movie file like movie.mkv and movie.srt).
- Support for embedded MKV, MP4 SRT, SSA/ASS, DVBSub and VOBSub subtitles.
- M3U playlists support.
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources.