Use this simple app to control your WeMo and TP Link devices while you are connected to your home WiFi. It
includes widgets that you can add to your phone or tablet's home screen for single touch control as well as scenes for
single touch control of multiple devices.
This is not the official Belkin nor Kasa app. It is much, much smaller, starts faster, and works around may of the Belkin & TP Link app shortcomings.
Unfortunately you must use Belkin's or Kasa app to connect your devices to your WIFI network the first time. Only the Belkin & Kasa app can provide direct remote access using their proprietary web servers. You can continue to use the Belkin & Kasa app to manage your switches remotely and set up rules, the two are compatible (and you're ok with sharing your identity in their cloud).
The built in "Finding Wemo" and "Finding TPLink" functions can be used to find and confirm your devices are working even when Belkin's or Kasa's app cannot find them.
- WeMo Dimmer, Motion, Switch, Mini, Insight, LightSwitch, Maker
- Wemo Jarden Crockpot (on/off)
- Wemo Holmes Air Purifier (on/off)
- Wemo Holmes Room Heater (on/off)
- Wemo Mr Coffee Coffee Maker (on/off)
- WeMo NetCam (as a motion device)
- WeMo Link with Wemo LEDs, GE Link, CREE, and OSRAM bulbs (on/off only)
- TP Link switches: HS100, HS105, HS110, HS200
- TP Link bulbs: LB100, LB110, LB120, LB130
WemoHome comes with the following:
- WemoHome app to monitor and control your devices
- WemoScenes for single touch control of multiple devices (e.g. "Watch a movie", "All on", "All off")
- WemoDevice, WemoSwitch and WemoScene widgets to monitor and control any device with a single
touch of your phone/tablet home screen
- Log - record of what changed and when time (while WemoHome is connected)
Note I did not design nor do I promote Belkin or TP Link products. If you are unhappy with their apps or products please review them accordingly. WemoHome is a separate product intended to help you use SAFELY your WeMos and TP Link devices.
IoT apps communicate with your devices through your firewall. They will access a service on your Alexa account and collect your personal information. Your email, amazon account, IP address, GPS location (home address), SSID, and wifi password will be made available to the cloud owners through their IoT device service.
WemoHome is 100% local to your wifi. No outside connections are required. No personal information is collected. It does not rely on the Belkin nor TP Link cloud servers nor the connection between them and the Alexa service. It will continue to work when those services are offline or your internet connection is
|WeMoHome (now with TP Link support)|