dishpointer satellite finder, an Android satellite finder. / dishpointer satellite finder azimuth
The Lite version is slimmed down version of the full SatFinder, which has additional functionality such as Target Satellite view dish network azimuth .
SatFinder dishpointer satellite finder is a tool for finding TV satellites and aligning satellite dishes. Use your Augmented Reality Camera view to see and target satellites in the sky. It can be used anywhere in the world since all major TV satellites are in the database compass .
*New feature: Ability to manually enter Location latitude and longitude details in case Location cannot be automatically determined in case of "no connectivity" dishpointer satellite finder azimuth
How to use this app: dish network dishpointer satellite finder
1. First of all, you should enable GPS and Internet on your phone. Remember – in most cases it is impossible to receive GPS signal inside buildings. So if you want to get very accurate location – please go near windows or go even outside compass .
In current app version location should be found quite immediately. So if you stuck with ‘no location’ message please make ensure that you got enabled all required features/permissions.
2. If app found your location, you must select desired satellite. To do this you must find icon with magnification glass and tap it. On the list you will find all satellites with elevation angle above zero degrees. Remember: satellite name doesn’t affect the calculation of angles. Important thing is satellite position azimuth .
3. The azimuth, elevation and skew angle is calculated for your location and chosen satellite. Under calculated values there is a compass with graphical representation of azimuth angle. The azimuth angle is calculated with magnetic inclination. Remember – every time you use compass – you should calibrate it. Green line represents your phone azimuth. So if on compass green and red indicators are on each other – front of the phone should show you direction to the satellite. If the compass value is correct – phone azimuth value will go green.
The antenna or satellite dish adjustment steps: dishpointer satellite finder azimuth
1- choose a satellite and authorize geolocation to determine the direction of the antenna orientation.
2- Show satellite in augmented reality with your camera and make sure there are no obstacles and validate the location of your antenna.
3. Check that the support of your antenna is vertical.
4. Calculate the polarization and adjust the rotation of the LNB (the head of your antenna)
5. Set the elevation
6- Search orientation with visual and sound assistant
7- Fine adjustments.
Dish Pointer supports:
INTELSAT, INMARSAT, TIANLIAN, EUTELSAT, AMC, LUCH, COSMOS, OPTUS, APSTAR, SUPERBIRD, BEIDOU, JCSAT, CHINASAT, PALAPA, AFRICASAT-2, ABS, KIKU-8, MTSAT, MBSAT, KIZUNA, SINOSAT, ST, HIMAWARI-6, EXPRESS-AM, N-STAR, VINASAT, ZHONGXING, compass, COMS, , FENGYUN, GARUDA, ASIASAT, THAICOM, TELKOM, INDOSTAR, KOREASAT, N-SAT, BSAT, ASTRA, NSS, SES, ASIASTAR, EXPRESS, INSAT, KODAMA, YAMAL, TDRS, CHINASTAR, KAZSAT, RADUGA, HORIZONS, GSAT, ESIAFI, TELSTAR, ELEKTRO, KALPANA, LEASAT, RADUGA-1M, GALAXY, METEOSAT, BONUM, DIRECTV, DP, SKYNET, YAHSAT, SIRIUS, SYRACUSE, AZERSPACE,azimuth, AFRICASAT, NIMIQ, THURAYA, NIGCOMSAT, TURKSAT, HELLAS-SAT, AKSAT, NATO, ARABSAT, EUROBIRD, DFH, HYLAS, ORIZONT, XTAR, BADR, AMOS, COMSATBW, RADUGA-1, RASCOM, THOR, MSG, NILESAT, HISPASAT, ECHOSTAR, AMAZONAS, GOES, BRASILSAT, STAR, QUETZSAT, VENESAT, XM, ICO, SPACEWAY, SKYTERRA, LES, AMSC, GSTAR, SATCOM, MSAT, ANIK, SOLIDARIDAD, SATMEX, MEXSAT, HGS, CIEL, compass
Thank you for using the app "Satellite Director / SatFinder"