"Winner of the GIGA Maus 2016 as the best learning program at the age group 6-10 years"
The app Learn to Read 1 with Zebra is based on the well-known and successfully applied German textbook Zebra. It is the continuation of the award-winning, free app Zebra - Writing Table. The concept was developed in cooperation with the Department of German Primary School Didactics at the University of Leipzig and implemented by Bernadette Girshausen.
Like the textbook, the app also follows the well-known zebra motto "Everyone in their gait": The children of the 1st grade can independently discover linguistic structures in 10 basic exercise types by means of constantly new tasks and in this way develop their reading skills or overcome difficulties in learning to read. The emphasis in class 1 is on reading words with a special focus on the syllable.
Exercise types are:
- Listen carefully
- Where is the king (=vowel)?
- How does the king sound?
- Swing the syllables
- Make words
- Recognize special syllables
- Fishing syllables
- Find Stumbling Words
- Form sentences
- Read-and-draw- Pictures
The following features are included:
- Videos explain the basics in a child-friendly way
- Many exercise types in three levels
- Clear arrangement of exercises on a learning path
- Self-determined learning possible
- Motivation by collecting stars and trophies
- Detailed evaluation for teachers and parents as a basis for support
- Always accessible assistance
no advertising and in-app purchases
So nothing stands in the way of joyfully learning to read. If you would like to get to know the Zebra textbook better, visit Zebra Franz and his team at www.zebrafanclub.de.