This app is not meant for members of the public.
It is meant for professionals within the video industry. It is a proof of concept and should be used with the "Grid Remote" iOS app (available in the App Store) on an iPhone.
- You will need to connect your iPhone via wifi to the same network the Apple TV is connected to.
- Sometimes if the "Grid Remote" app doesn't want to connect you need to kill the GridSearch Apple TV app and reopen it. (We haven't figured out the issue yet).
- The yellow button on the "Grid Remote" app calls up GridSearch either from the programme guide or when the video is playing.
- The "OK" button starts the video playing when in the programme guide.
- The user can view an instruction video when the grid is displayed by pressing the green button.
- The up and down arrows double and halve the time between the thumbnails.
The app is to demonstrate the functionality of GridSearch video search technology. There will be an SDK for other developers to license and port the GridSearch functionality into their own Apple TV apps.
Videos used under Creative Commons license.
Big Buck Bunny (c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Elephants Dream (c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / www.elephantsdream.org"