This application was initially aimed at G Clarinets (also known as Turkish Clarinet) which generally uses the
Albert System keywork.
However it has since been expanded to include both the Albert and the Boehm System Fingerings.
Clarinets with Albert system keywork is typically used for Middle Eastern and central European music (Turkish folk music, Klezmer, Greek, etc)
Clarinets outside of Middle East and Central Europe generally use the Boehm system keywork.
This app allows you to switch between the two keyworks.
Some of the other features of the app include:
- To cater for the note naming difference between different regions, you’re also able to select either A B C… or Do Re Mi… formats.
- You can listen to the specific note by playing it in the app.
- You can see the selected note on a stave including sharps and flats.
- You can slide your finger on the screen up or down to quickly change to a specific note
- By clicking on the left-right buttons, you can see alternative fingerings for the selected note
- You can bookmark the selected note so next time you start the app, it starts at that spot.