The inspiration behind Ground is to put news reporting and verification in the hands of qualified journalists and
- Read verified news from over 10,000 news publications
- Unique Map interface
- Track Social Media coverage of the news
- Contact eyewitnesses to get latest updates
- Receive push notifications for verified breaking news
- Receive push notifications for flagged fake news
- Burst your filter-bubble
- News from all over the world (no more ignoring Congo!)
- Accountability for every news article
- Cut out the noise
Ground is the only news app you’ll ever need. *Verified* breaking news from CNN, MSNBC, AP, Reuters, Washington Post, BBC, New York Times, etc. and Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Instagram and YouTube all in one place.
Share, read, and connect with people all over the world on stories and events happening right now.
Be in the know by getting firsthand information on a story. Ground uses geofencing technology allowing you to ask questions and talk to users who are there. News stories are also verified by on-the-ground users to ensure you’re receiving the most accurate, up-to-date information.
Ground combines news and social media in one, integrating content, left and right, from BBC, Reuters, Al Jazeera, CNN, Breitbart, Fox News, NYT, WSJ, etc. so that you never have to go elsewhere. Discover breaking news by navigating our interactive world map. Customize your experience by browsing your favourite categories – from breaking news to politics, sports, entertainment and more.
See something around you worth sharing? Create an event by taking a photo or video of what’s happening.
Ground puts the news in your hands. Find out straight from the source.