Chiron 3 is about 60 points stronger than Chiron 2, supports multiple processors, Polyglot and CTG opening books,
several endgame tablebases formats (Syzygy, Gaviota, ...). If you want a chance to win against Chiron, you can limit its
playing strength (feedbacks are welcome). If you have played Ubisoft's Watchdogs you might already have played against a
much weaker version of Chiron.
Chiron comes in both Chessbase and Open Exchange formats.
CHIRON IS A CHESS ENGINE THUS NEEDS A CHESS GUI TO BE USED.
RUN THE APP TO VERIFY YOUR LICENSE BEFORE PLAYING WITH IT IN A GUI.
Chiron's main features are:
• playing strength of about 3100 Elo points on single core*
• parallel search
• adjustable playing strength with autolimitation of book knowledge
• support for UCI and Winboard2 communication protocols
• MultiPV and searchmoves for game analysis
• support for Chess960
• support for Polyglot opening books
• support for CTG opening books
• support for Syzygy bases
• support for Gaviota tablebases
• smart detection of pawn blockages
*CCRL 40/4 rating list
Here's a short list of changes in Chiron 3:
- improved search (better parameters for pruning and move ordering)
- improved evaluation (in particular mobility and king safety)
- tuning of the evaluation
- new parallel search
- added support for Syzygybases
- added option "Tablebases Probe Depth"
- 6 pieces Scorpio bitbases can now be probed
- improved time management
- fixed a time management bug for X moves in Y minutes time controls (thanks to Gabor Szots)
- added option "Blockage Detection" to enable/disable pawn blockage detection
- added again support for CTG books
Major chess GUIs:
• Chess For Android (free)
• Droidfish (free)
• Scid on the Go (free)
• Chessbase Online (commercial)
• Chess PGN Master (commercial)
For a description of all the options please visit the official website: http://www.chironchess.com/support