At long last, SPQR is now available for Android users! SPQR is the ultimate learning tool for Latin students who
want to immerse themselves in the language, presenting the most comprehensive Latin dictionary around, dozens of Latin
texts with English translations, plus flashcards, learning material and much more!
Here are the features available in this initial release - more features will be added over time!
- Full, fast and searchable copy of the Lewis & Short Latin lexicon - it searches as you type, showing either short definitions or full definitions along with citations.
- Parse any Latin word to English, regardless of conjugation - includes full breakdown of the word's form.
- Full copies of classic texts in their original Latin, grouped either by author or genre, including: the Gallic War and Civil War by Julius Caesar, Res Gestae by Augustus, the Twelve Caesars by Suetonius, the Amores by Ovid, the poems of Catullus, the Aeneid, Georgicon and Eclogues by Virgil, the Metamorphoses by Apuleius, five landmark speeches by Cicero (including In Verrem!), plus Horace, Juvenal, Vitruvius and more!
- Most of our Latin texts come with parallel English translations, which means you can be reading Caesar's original Latin description of his battles in Gaul, then tap a button and jump to an English translation exactly where you left off - flip between languages to check your translation as often as you want!
- "Church fathers" texts give you the Bible in English and Latin, plus Augustine's Confessions and Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People.
- Included in the app are full copies of Allen & Greenough's New Latin Grammar, plus Fabulae Faciles, Bennet's New Latin Grammar and The Comic Latin Grammar - we've even added Edward Gibbon's epic work The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire for good measure.
- Comes with thousands of words prepared as flashcard decks to help accelerate your learning, plus a built-in Roman numeral converter.
SPQR is the gold standard of Latin apps on all smartphones and tablets, and we hope you enjoy it. This is our first Android release, so we look forward to hearing your feedback – email us at email@example.com!