MHD Flasher is the first Android handheld application to bring ECU tuning and monitoring to the BMW N55 engine for
E series. The MHD Flasher reveals the good margin of power BMW left on the table with the N55 while still retaining the
sophistication of the original engine management program.
→ Easy to install
Connect any compatible Android device to your car using a standard K+Dcan cable along with an OTG USB adapter, install one of the pre-purchased MHD maps and enjoy the power and performance benefits of the MHD maps by Twisted Tuning.
→ Keep an eye on the tuning
Monitor your engine behavior using a configurable gauges layout to keep an eye on any of the 50+ engine monitors like oil temp, boost pressure, actual load or individual cylinder ignition timing. Activate the logging mode to save up to 50 monitors to a standard CSV file for later analysis. Track issues by reading the error codes, and delete them once resolved.
→ Flash your ECU back to a stock anytime, as often as you need to. No ECU backup is needed.
→ Custom tuning support
As an alternative to built-in maps, many tuners can provide advanced custom mapping for those who have higher or special performance needs.
Main features description:
═══ Flasher module ═══
- Flash built-in maps (purchased separately), custom user-tuned .BIN files or JB4 flash maps.
- Provides an ever growing list of handy options like PPK exhaust burble duration or cold start noise reduction.
- Read / delete engine trouble codes.
- Reset the main DME adaptation values.
- 4 minutes map switching; initial install time: 33 mins (this will be improved later).
═══ Monitor module ═══
- Extensive logging values list, up to 50 values at the same time.
- Save logging session to .CSV files
- Integrated csv log viewer
- Up to 8 configurable gauges
═══ Optional MHD maps packs ═══
- Maps by Twisted tuning
- Stage 1 pack. Eight maps: 4 fuel octane variants, stock / upgraded FMIC variants.
- Stage 2 pack. Eight maps: 4 fuel octane variants, stock / upgraded FMIC variants. High flow downpipes recommended.
- Ethanol mix map (e30). FMIC+DPs recommended.
Supported vehicles: N55 equipped Exx series.
!!! Important !!! Vehicle equipped with a MEVD1726 DME (built dating from around 03-2012) need a once time DME removal and bench flash to allow OBD flashing. See FAQ below.
2010-2013 135i, 135is and 335i
2013-2015 X1 35i
2010-2013 X5 35i
2011–2014 X6 35i
This racing product is for competition closed course use only.
- 1 device running Android 3.2 and up, USB OTG compatible.
- 1 K+Dcan cable. See page 5 of the user manual for a recommended cable: http://www.twisted-visionz.com/mhdguide
- 1 USB OTG cable.
Price list (licenses are VIN Locked and stored by Google along your Play store account):
- Flasher module: $199
- MHD maps packs: $49 each. Requires the Flasher module.
- Monitor module: $69
Q: Does my Android device need to be permanently plugged to the OBD port?
A: No. Once a flash is performed you can unplug your device.
Q: Do I lose my licenses if I delete the app or the Android device breaks?
A: No. licenses are stored online by Google, you can use your purchases on another device as long as you use the same account on Play store.
Q: Do I need to purchase a new license each time I flash a map?
A: No, you can ref lash as many times as needed.
Q: Is a battery charger required?
A: It is highly recommended for long flashes (install, uninstall). A healthy battery will handle short flashes (map changes) fine but the use of a battery charger remains recommended.
Q: How can I determine if the DME is directly flashable or needs a one time bench flash?
A: got to http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN in serial number. Click Browse parts the ENGINE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM and check both CONTROL UNITS > MEVD1726 section. If the it says "No parts found matching your car." you have a MEVD172 which is directly flashable.