This is the professional version of the Basic Flight Computer, additionally containing example generators, a
dynamic wind triangle drawing function, different conversions and calculators.
This app solves a wind triangle by allowing you entering four out of six (three speeds and three angles) and calculating the remaining two. It then explains how you get these results with a flight computer, by animating it. It rotates the disk, slides it and add marks. It also shows what value to use for each step towards the solution.
It also contains an example generator for the 15 different combinations of 4 given values with 2 to calculate. Occasionally it also produces "impossible" values, such as triangles degenerated to a single line or data for which it is not possible to construct a triangle. This is deliberate to let a (student) pilot think about the data entered and find good data starting from there.
For each set of good data, it draws a wind triangle, giving you an insight in how to navigate. It illustrates this by animating a little plane flying along a course while compensating for the wind using a correct heading.
The conversions show you different units in SI and Imperial dimensions, while the calculators help you find cross wind components or help you preparing your flight.
This app runs on Android devices and preferably on tablets. On devices with smaller screens, you may need to zoom.
- Solves any kind of wind triangle problem and explains how to find those results on a flight computer.
- Contains an accurate visualization of a flight computer and animates the different steps towards a solution.
- Generates examples for 15 different situations of four given values and two results to obtain. Draws the wind triangle complying with the given data.
- Contains a small animation showing why you need a wind triangle to navigate.
- Offers conversions for fuel, speed, climb rate, altitude, distance, mass and temperature.
- A small calculator helps you determining e.g. EET.
- Calculates the cross wind, head wind and tail wind.
- Tap the explain tab to get a short explanation of this app.
- Zoom in (two fingers gesture) and pan (one finger gesture) to ease accessing the data entry controls or to enlarge a part of flight computer.
- Changes the language to the language settings of the Android device. Only for English (Default), French and Dutch.
- Adapts its user interface when you rotate your screen.
To make sure this app runs on your Android device, please install the free app SYSCHECK first (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.syscheck&hl=en). It must confirm your device uses an ARMv7 processor and has a NEON feature.
You also need Android 4.0 or higher