Tired of 'Alt-Tabbing' from your game to change the volume of your music or your voice chat?
PC Audio Mixer allows you to control the default system mixer with your phone, with easy-to-use sliders and support for most applications.
PC Audio Mixer uses a light-weight client, install it on your PC and you are ready to go!
Download it here: https://goo.gl/fIMmbY
1) Download the PC Audio Mixer app from the Google Play Store.
2) Download and install the PC Audio Mixer Client application, necessary to connect the PC Audio Mixer app to your PC (it requires Java installed).
PC Audio Mixer Client starts minimized in your system tray, and can be opened if needed by double-clicking on the system tray icon or by right-clicking it and choosing the "Show" option.
3) Connect both your PC and your android smartphone to the same network. The PC Audio Mixer app and the client should show the "Connected" label.
After a few seconds, the applications producing sounds on your PC should show in both your PC Audio Mixer Client and PC Audio Mixer app, where you can set the volume.
To switch between applications on your PC Audio Mixer app, simply tap on an application's icon.
4) In the PC Audio Mixer Client you can rename your applications so that they can be more easily recognized on your PC Audio Mixer app.
To do that, simply left-click on an application name. It should appear "Insert new name". Place your cursor on the text and modify it, then press enter. After a few seconds your PC Audio Mixer app should refresh and the new name should appear.
- There are 6 apps on my PC Audio Mixer Client, but my PC Audio Mixer app only shows 4 of them. What should I do?
By tapping on the application icons in your PC Audio Mixer app you can switch to another application.
- I can't rename an application on my PC Audio Mixer Client. Why?
Renaming is disabled while PC Audio Mixer is syncronizing. Try waiting for a couple of seconds and retry.
- My app and the PC Audio Mixer Client can't connect to each other. What should I do?
Make sure both devices are connected to the same network. If they are, check your firewall: allow the Java Platform SE binary to communicate both with private networks and public networks. If you can't modify it, try to reinstall Java.
- My application is shown in the default system mixer, but is not present on my app. Why?
PC Audio Mixer is refreshed every 20 seconds, you may need to wait before the app is shown.
Sometimes applications need to physically produce sound in order to show up in PC Audio Mixer. When a sound is played, they should appear in PC Audio Mixer.
- There are several instances of my application shown in the default system mixer, but only one is shown on PC Audio Mixer. Why?
Some applications show many instances in the default system mixer, but modifying only one of them has an effect on every instance (for example: Firefox).
- Can I control multiple PCs with PC Audio Mixer?
No. It may be an upcoming feature.
- I want to report a bug, what should I do?
Send an email to email@example.com.
|PC Audio Mixer|