Winner of the ‘Best Banking App’ at the British Bank Awards for 2017 and 2018, our award winning app is available
to download for our Online Banking customers.
What you need to register
• You'll need to be registered for Online Banking. If you aren't already, you can do this when registering for the mobile app.
• Your Customer Number, which is your date of birth followed by four random digits.
• Your Online Banking PIN & Password, which is what you use to log in online.
• When logging in for the first time you’ll be asked to choose a mobile banking PIN, which is what you’ll use in the future.
• We’re changing the way you view your current account balance, by separating your arranged overdraft from your own funds.
• Mortgage only customers can now register for the app. Through the app you’ll be able to access the Manage My Mortgage portal. This provides the ability to change or cancel overpayments, check your mortgage balance, request a mortgage payment holiday and have the ability to research and select a new deal on the mortgage.
• Log in using Android Fingerprint – there’s no need to remember any details when logging in. Available on a compatible Android device.
• Personalise your app – customise how you view your accounts in your app and your own personal greeting.
• Get Cash – visit a cash machine and withdraw up to £130 without your debit card – perfect if you’ve forgotten your wallet.
• Pay someone new without a card reader – all you need is their account number and sort code and you can send up to £750.
• Manage receipts – Business and Premier customers can capture and store receipt images that will then be automatically matched to your transactions.
Other important information about our app
• Get Cash allows you to withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland (in Scotland) or Tesco ATM, as long as it’s within your daily withdrawal limit. You must have at least £10 available in your account.
• Paying someone new without a card reader allows a maximum of five payments totalling £750 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Paying your contacts allows a maximum of 20 payments totalling £250 per day. Pay anyone who has our app or is registered for Paym. You must be aged 16 or over.
• To cancel a Direct Debit from within the app, you have until 8:20pm (UK time) on the day the payment is due. At or after 8:20pm (UK time), the payment due on that day will have been taken and we will not be able to retrieve it.
• To cancel or amend a standing order from within the app you must give at least two working days notice.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Standard data charges may apply – contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features that our app offers, you will need to accept the following permissions:
• Network communication for connectivity
• Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
• Access to your contacts list to allow you to Pay Your Contacts
Such an easy app to navigate and a Godsend to those of us who don't have the luxury of being able to walk into a bank. Whether that's through disability, remote living, Covid-19 lockdown or sheer laziness :) It's a must for anyone who has money 💸
Easy to navigate. Love it
Love the app but it sucks too much battery life.
Still waiting to be able to deposit cheques via the app like every other banking app already has....
Used to work fine until a few weeks ago, now it just says "sorry we are struggling to establish a connection with you, please check that you are connected to the internet and that you have a good connection strength and try again" uninstalling and retrying didn't work