In the 23. century mankind has spread throughout the galaxy to thousands of star systems. The greatest modern-day
heroes are the star colonizers - the men and women at the forefront of this great expansion. All the grown-ups admire
them and the children want to become them.
Yet from the population of 72 quadrillions, it is only a few thousand a year that can be sent further into the galaxy. For the selection process, the United Government decided to create the Ground Forge league. It is the greatest, most challenging and dangerous sport ever imagined.
Ground Forge is based on the heroic deeds of the star colonizer Sean Grylls on the planet of Kepler-442b. Following the disastrous failure and crash of his drop pod, he was left with nothing on an alien world. Despite this, he miraculously managed to survive by first recreating the most primitive technologies and work his way up the civilizational ladder. After being stranded and considered lost for years, he was able to rebuild a space-age level comms relay and reestablish contact. To become a star colonizer today, you first have to walk a mile in his mocassins and enter the Ground Forge.
A challenger in the Ground Forge league has to:
* Crash land onto the planet using a military grade drop pod with no equipment.
* Explore their immediate landing ground and the rest of the huge open world beyond.
* Gather raw resources and minerals
* Craft and forge equipment.
* Hone their skills in crafts and martial arts.
* Fight alien creatures.
* Advance through the ages of the human civilization. From sticks and stones to lasers and drones.
* And most importantly: survive!