Easy Piano Tuner is a piano tuning app that will transform your Android device into a professional quality
electronic tuning aid. Unlike regular chromatic tuning apps that simply tune to a pre-calculated equal temperament, this
app actively measures the tonal characteristics of each note and automatically calculates the ideal “stretch” or offset
from equal temperament. In other words, it creates a custom tuning for your piano with the best compromise between
intervals like fifths, fourths, octaves, and twelfths, the way aural piano tuners do when fine-tuning.
There are three levels of functionality: a free (evaluation) version, a paid "plus" version with basic tuning functionality, and professional version with features geared towards professional piano tuners. The extra functionality is unlocked through one-time in-app purchases.
The Free version includes the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the mid-range of the piano only
• Automatic note detection
• Ability to measure each note on the piano to see how its current tuning compares to the ideal tuning curve (see if a piano is roughly in tune)
• Swipe in the graphing area to show a live frequency spectrum or the inharmonicity of measured notes.
Upgrading to "Plus" adds the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the entire piano
• Tune to frequency standards other than A=440
• Calibrate device to an external frequency source
Upgrading to Professional unlocks all features of the "Plus" version, plus the following:
• The ability to save and load tuning files, so a piano doesn't need to be re-measured each time it is tuned
• Pitch raise mode that calculates overpull for an initial first pass "rough" tuning (for pianos that are extremely flat)
• Access to all future features and enhancements
Free to Plus (approximately US$20)
Free to Pro (approximately US$100)
Plus to Pro (approximately US$80)
Note about permissions: This app requires permission to access the microphone on your device and permission to read and write files.
|Easy Piano Tuner|