[How to Start]
- After installing, click Option->Download Roms. Place .zip roms in "/storage/sdcard0/MAME4droid/roms" folder
- Select "Reload ROMs" and press the B button to reload roms list
- Select a game and press the B button(not START button) to start it. Start button only use after you enter a game
- When you get stuck before entering a game, press the B button to continue
- Move the joystick left then right to continue when you get stuck in copyright screen
- Support portrait and landscape orientation
- Multiplayer via wifi
- Support light gun games
- Touch Controller can be toggled off when you connect your gamepad
- Image smoothing (including new HQx smoothing up to HQ4x)
- Integer-based scaling for purest game recreation at higher resolutions
- HW Keys remapping
- Overlay filters including scanlines, CRT, etc.
- Digital or Analog touch selectable
- Animated touch stick or DPAD
- Customizable In-App button layout
- iON's iCade and iCP (as iCade mode) external controllers supported
- Plug and play support for most Bluetooth and USB Gamepads
- Tilt Sensor replacement for joystick movement
- Touch lightgun with auto-detection option
- Mouse support for Nvidia Shield devices
- Display 1 to 6 buttons on screen
- Options for video aspect ratio, scaling, rotate
MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) is a free and open source emulator designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten. The aim of MAME is to be a reference to the inner workings of the emulated arcade machines; the ability to actually play the games is considered "a nice side effect". Joystiq has listed MAME as an application that every gamer should have.
This app (MAME4droid 0.139u1) is a version of MAME for Android, is developed by David Valdeita (Seleuco) as a port of the MAME 0.139 emulator by Nicola Salmoria and the MAME team. It emulates arcade games supported by this version of MAME which includes over 8000 different ROMs.
This version of MAME4droid was designed to be used with dual-core Android devices because it is based on the PC MAME version which requires higher specifications than the older versions.
Even with a high end device, do not expect "modern" arcade games from the 90s and beyond to necessarily work at full speed or compatibility. Some games like Outrun and the Mortal Kombat series are badly optimized and require at least a 1.5ghz dual core device.
With over 8000 games supported, some games will run better than others; some games may not run at all. It is impossible to support such a vast number of titles, so please do not email the developer asking for support for a specific game.
This MAME4droid version uses only '0.139' romset. Official web page for news, source code & additional information: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mame4droid/
|MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)|
|Run - Slide Puzzle 3D/2D|
|CISSP Certification Exam|
|CISA Certification Exam|
|CompTIA Server+ Certification: SK0-004 Exam|
|CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-902 Exam|
|CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-901 Exam|
|Cisco CCDA Certification: 200-310 (DESGN) Exam|
|Twelve Years a Slave (Text + Audio)|
|The Secret Garden|
|Heart of Darkness|
|The Mysterious Island|
|Japanese Fairy Tales|
|The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Text + Audio)|
|The Most Dangerous Game|
|The Time Machine|
|War and Peace|
|Romeo and Juliet|