Neighbourly is the free and private neighbourhood app for New Zealand that creates an easy way for neighbours to
talk and share online.
Members use Neighbourly to create free and private websites for their suburbs to exchange advice, find and make recommendations for local services, share events, sell or give away unwanted items, discuss local crime, locate lost pets and ultimately get to know one another. Join Neighbourly and help build a stronger, safer and friendlier place to call home.
Safe and Secure
Each member of Neighbourly must use their real name and verify their address so you can trust who you’re sharing information with. Neighbourly accounts are also password protected and encrypted. Information shared on Neighbourly will never show up in Google or other search engines - nor will it be shared with advertisers.
You can use Neighbourly to:
• Plan a street party
• Alert your community to a spate of vehicle break-ins
• Share a photo of a visiting dog to locate owner
• Discuss what impact Local Council plans will have on the neighbourhood
• Recommend a trustworthy local mechanic or a great plumber
• Ask when the roadworks down by the local park will be complete
• Grab the contact details of a good local babysitter
• Find out which cafe in the area has the best Eggs Benny
• Share sporting cancellations and updates
• Sell an unused sofa
• Let neighbours know mail has been stolen
• Ask if anyone can loan a ladder
• Organise a neighbourhood watch group
• Ask for times of the walking school bus
• Discuss local charities and how to get involved
"Every tech product under the sun seems aimed at teenagers these days – it’s nice to see something for everyone else" - Henry Cooke, Sunday News
"Neighbourly is a great tool for drawing the community together. I already knew I lived in a vibrant area and Neighbourly expresses this every day through every post." - Simon O'Connor, MP for Tamaki
"Just a quick message to say that the app is superb. Brilliant styling and the look and feel is on the money. Very impressive." - Kelvin James, Auckland.
See Neighbourly in action http://vimeo.com/80930976
Can't edit a profile, like address or profile picture, but obviously no ones cares....
App doesn't accept Gmail addresses 😡
Tereible app, I verified my address after having given it access to my location and then it goes and gives me an error telling me my correct email address is "value not valid" I am using a decent phone the problem is with the app.
Won't let you load pictures into replies or posts.
Has a problem in send messages since March