Designed for musicians, Speedshifter is a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track
without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM
(the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help
you learn new pieces.
Speedshifter can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (http://www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
* Important info
- Speedshifter Android currently supports playback of MP3, OGG, FLAC and WAV files stored on your device. It cannot access files stored online in cloud accounts.
- Before downloading please try Speedshifter Lite, our free version, to check it runs well on your device.
|ABRSM Theory Works|
|ABRSM Singing Practice Partner|
|ABRSM Flute Practice Partner|
|ABRSM Clarinet Practice Partner|
|ABRSM Saxophone Practice Partner|
|ABRSM Sight-Reading Trainer|
|ABRSM Violin Practice Partner|
|ABRSM Piano Practice Partner|