TOXBASE® is the clinical toxicology database of the UK National Poisons Information Service, providing advice on
the features and management of poisoning. Monographs are designed to be used by healthcare professionals involved in the
management of poisoned patients.
There are two levels of access:
1. Free - for those who work within the NHS, PHE & MoD in the UK access is provided to the full NHS TOXBASE database.
2. Paid - for all others the annual subscription cost is £6.99 via in-app purchase. Access is provided to over 1000 of the top TOXBASE poisons, antidote and pregnancy monographs.
Key application features
Clinical staff are rapidly presented with key clinical information, including advice on potentially hazardous doses and appropriate management:
* regular updates to ensure users always have the latest guidance
* UK Teratology Information Service advice on the toxicity of drugs and chemicals in pregnancy
* users can use built-in forms to provide feedback to NPIS on serious cases
* no internet connection is required to search the database (although internet connection may be required to access all information on some entries)
How the app works
All users will download the app and then complete a short registration form. Users will then receive an activation email. Once the account is activated users can log in to the app using the username and password chosen during registration.
NHS, PHE & MoD users must register using their NHS/PHE/MoD email to obtain free access to the full TOXBASE database. In order to continue free subscription re-validation via NHS/PHE/MoD email is required annually. Users are automatically sent an e-mail reminder.
All other users may purchase an annual subscription (£6.99). Users are initially presented with a free sample version of the app designed to help them decide whether to subscribe via in-app purchase.