Tracks4Africa Navigator is designed to work without an internet connection and makes use of the Tracks4Africa map
data, trusted by thousands of overland travellers in Africa.
- Tracks4Africa maps are built from real traveller GPS data to bring you a map you can trust when exploring the wonders of Africa
- Camp sites, lodges and every accommodation option in between
- Fuel stops and related auto services
- Shops and services a traveller would need, e.g. grocery stores, ATM's, restaurants and much more
- Attractions and activities
- National parks and other protected areas with detailed coverage of tracks, view points and water holes
- Emergency services like embassies, police stations, hospitals
- no need for an internet connection, the app installs all data to your device
- get turn-by-turn route instructions just like a dedicated GPS
- navigate to user defined coordinates
- additional information on points of interest are included, same as with our guide books
The app is based on the iGO navigation software, so if you are familiar with this interface you will find it easy to use. The software is used on various platforms and in all regions so you can be sure that the software is tried and tested.
For those of you familiar with Tracks4Africa maps, you will know that our maps do not cover address lookup in South Africa, we specialise in the remote and interesting places in Africa where other maps fail to provide reliable detail.
The software itself is not part of the Garmin ecosystem, so if you are an existing Tracks4Africa user on Garmin GPS, please do not expect to send routes and tracks between your computer and this platform. This is a stand alone navigation system for your Android device.
The use of the software requires that your device has a GPS and you would need to provide it with external power when used for prolonged periods as the GPS together with the screen will drain your battery in no time.
If you need more information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org where real people will attend to your call. You can also check out our map coverage and point of interest detail on www.tracks4africa.co.za