Maxwell Gregory was a world famous chef and critic, and the only way he could be knocked off his pedestal of perfection was by killing him. So someone did just that. And not only was he killed, he suffered an agonizing death. Few argued he got what he deserved—it appeared there was no love lost between him and the contestants in the International Chef Competition.
But when you arrive, with the body still warm, you know you have to bring the murderer to justice no matter how much the victim was despised!
As engaging as a book, as visceral as a movie, this Flexible Tale™ comes to life with the tap of your finger. From the authors of award-winning interactive fiction and novels comes a new way of telling stories. No longer limited to the printed word on the page or the requirement to read one page after another, a Flexible Tale blossoms to life like a flower bud opening in the sun. With each person, place, object, or concept you explore, the story grows and, with each new addition, your understanding of what actually happened, changes. You will discover the story in the order you experience it, not in a linear, page-by-page path.
As the lead detective, you will:
• See, read about, and interact with the cast of characters, each with their own motive and agenda.
• Explore locations that are threaded throughout the story, linked by the murder.
• Question witnesses; determine which are suspects, then follow-up on the evidence that connects them to the murder.
• Enter items into evidence and read and analyze the crime lab reports that detail a trail of deceit and violence.
• Get in-depth background on characters and evidence to help round out your case.
When you present your case to the D.A. he will do his best to get a conviction, but his success is up to you and your investigative talent.
Requirements: Read. Think. Tap.