The apocrypha is a selection of books which were published in the original 1611 King James Bible (KJV). These apocryphal books were positioned between the Old and New Testament. The apocrypha was a part of the KJV for 274 years until being removed in 1885 A.D. A portion of these books were called deuterocanonical books.
• Audio: TTS (Text-To-Speech). Have the books read aloud to you or listen to it as you read along.
• Auto-scrolling in a single page permits continuous reading through the entire book without having to flip a page or touching the screen.
• No Ads option are available! You can turn off the ads banner by using the Full-Screen mode, or share the app with your friends and family.
• All Free, it is 100% free to download and to use. There is also NO in-app purchase.
• All OFFLINE! This FREE Apocrypha app is all offline, there is no need for an internet connection.
• Full-Screen mode is available.
• Bookmarks can be placed at any place in multiple books.
• Notepad: one click on any verse number to copy and paste that verse into the notepad.
• Notes can be saved and transferred.
• Highlight: 4 different shades and 3 different levels of intensity to choose from.
• Big Fonts are available! Easy to see huge fonts.
• There are 12 different fonts to choose from.
• Quick and easy navigation thanks to intuitive and organized navigation.
• Searchable keywords within each book.
• Feel free to adjust the font size, word spacing, line height, background color, and page margins for optimal reading.
• 3 verse layout modes.
• Resume button that allows you to resume where you last left off.
• Landscape or portrait orientation available.
• Free Bible, The King James Version (KJV) & The World English Bible (WEB) are available to download.
• Many more!
Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical: Bible's Lost Books includes these books: 1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Additions to Esther, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, Baruch, the Letter of Jeremiah, Prayer of Azariah, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasseh, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, and Laodiceans.
The 70 missing verses in 2 Esdras are not part of the King James Version Apocrypha, but are revealed in the Cambridge Annotated Study Apocrypha -edited by: Howard C. Kee. These verses are also available in the NRSV Holy Bible with the Apocrypha-by Oxford University Press.
Many claim the apocrypha should never have been included in the first place, raising doubt about its validity and believing it was not God-inspired (for instance, a reference about magic seems inconsistent with the rest of the Bible: Tobit chapter 6, verses 5-8). Others believe it is valid and that it should never have been removed- that it was considered part of the Bible for nearly 2,000 years before it was recently removed a little more than 100 years ago. Some say it was removed because of not finding the books in the original Hebrew manuscripts. Others claim it wasn't removed by the church, but by printers to cut costs in distributing Bibles in the United States. Both sides tend to cite the same verses that warn against adding or subtracting from the Bible: Revelation 22:18. The word 'apocrypha' means 'hidden.' Fragments of Dead Sea Scrolls dating back to before 70 A.D. contained parts of the apocrypha books in Hebrew, including Sirach and Tobit.
The King James Version (KJV) & The World English Bible (WEB) are available to download within the app for free.
With more than 20 English translations of the Bible currently available, the King James Version is still considered by many scholars to be the most influential and popular version.
The World English Bible (WEB) is a complete translation of the Holy Bible in normal modern English. It is arguably the easiest to read and understand for modern readers.
Thank you for using Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical: Bible's Lost Books.
#TAG King James, The World English Bible, WEB, Book of Enoch, Apocrypha, Free Books, Free eBooks, Bible Free Book