Birds Of Britain Pro is a guide to over 300 British birds, native and naturalised, with specially written text, professionally produced bird songs and calls, and carefully selected photos showing a variety of plumages. You can add your own photos to the app to compliment the images provided and to really make the app your own. In addition, this is the only quality bird app to include extensive record keeping features with iCloud syncing to keep your data safe. The app knows the names of a further 350 species that have visited or might visit Britain in the future, so that notes can be kept and they can be marked as seen.
"A twitcher's dream" - Matt Bingham, The Sunday Times
Selected by Apple for their "What's Hot" list since launch.
Birds of Britain Pro is a field guide:
• High quality photos for each bird, showing a selection of male, female, juvenile, alternate plumage, flight image and nest
• For many birds, an annotated photo shows key features, to help distinguish similar species
• Add your own photos of the bird or its habitat
• Specially written text covers rarity status, distribution, appearance, habitat, diet, lifespan, nesting habits, and more
• Recordings of songs and calls
• European distribution map for each bird
• Make a shortlist of favourite birds for fast access
• 'Here and Now' feature shows birds in your part of the country and this time of year
• Search by name, scientific name, part of name
• Sort alphabetically by name or second name, by taxonomic group, or by length
Birds of Britain Pro is a bird identifier:
• Use the 'Bird Finder' for fast identification of unknown birds
• Enter details such as size, colour, bill length and other features, date, habitat and location to select a shortlist
• Results are presented as a display of photos so that you can quickly spot the best match
Birds of Britain Pro is a record keeper:
• Mark birds as seen, note the location, time and date, make notes, view your records on a map or as a list, and download as a CSV file.
• Add your own photos to your sightings
• The app includes iCloud syncing so that your sightings will automatically synchronise across your devices (it is initially off, so if you would like to use it, please go to the Settings section of the app to enable it).
• You can transfer your sightings to someone else's device by using the email back-up.
• The app recognises the names of over 650 species and subspecies, so that you can record sightings and add your own photos of these birds.
We have many years experience of developing biological software and this has enabled us to pack the app full of features while keeping it simple and easy to use.
To get in touch:
Contact form: www.spinysoftware.com/contact