The Coral Sea Fish Guide is perfect for reef lovers, snorkelers and scuba divers, one of the most comprehensive marine fish id apps available. Easily search more than 880 TYPES OF FISH found in the Coral Sea area and BEYOND (including The Great Barrier Reef, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia and greater Indo-Pacific region).
“This collection will immediately become the authoritative work on the marine life in this sector of the Pacific, and a must-own for anyone interested in diving there.” – Carl Roessler (International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame Inductee, Author, Photographer, Diving Pioneer)
CORAL SEA FISH GUIDE features include:
• OVER 880 TYPES OF FISH featured from The Great Barrier Reef, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia and greater Indo-Pacific region
• More than 2000 professional colour pictures – zoom and view in full screen.
• DETAILED INFORMATION for each species including; Common and Scientific fish names, General Information, Identifying Features, Size, Depth and Distribution maps
• Create your own NOTES/LOGS for each species
• SHARE species with friends via Facebook and Email
• BROWSE species by Group, Sub-Group or Species
• SEARCH for species by Common, Scientific and Category names
• Alphabetical listing
• ‘My Reef’ favourites list
• Rogue’s Gallery of interesting and unusual creatures
• All data stored locally on your device. NO INTERNET connection required.
• Easy navigation designed for both iPad and iPhone
Simple navigation for both iPad and iPhone using images allows users to quickly browse different species whether you know what you are looking for, or need a name for the fish you have just seen. You can also search for species under their “Common”, Scientific” or “Group” name. Once loaded the app does not require an Internet connection so it can be used on boats at sea.
The “MY REEF” function allows you to add your own Notes/Logs to each species and create your own personal list of
favourite marine animals, or animals seen on a dive. Save, display and edit your list whenever you like.
Distribution maps are provided with the opportunity to add to our knowledge by reporting your discoveries.
A Rogue’s Gallery provides images and references for unusual marine creatures that might otherwise be difficult to find.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bob Halstead has dived and photographed the Coral Sea for over 40 years and in 2008 was inducted into the International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame. He has guided innumerable dive tours in the Coral Sea area (The Great Barrier Reef, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia etc) and this app aims not only to identify the marine life seen but also answer the many questions that his guests have asked him over the years. He recalls many personal encounters with Coral Sea creatures.
|Coral Sea Fish Guide - fishes of the Great Barrier Reef, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia and beyond|