This comprehensive guide shows you all you need to know to hike the Cape to Cape Track, which runs from Cape Naturaliste to Cape Leeuwin in the Margaret River Region of Western Australia.
This App has many innovative features that make it way more useful than a paper guidebook or a website!
The Cape to Cape Track is one of the best kept secrets in the world. If you have a chance to walk the Track, you will not be disappointed!
The App has beautiful photographs, extremely detailed information, built-in maps and GPS support. So you cannot get lost and will not miss anything.
NO INTERNET OR MOBILE COVERAGE IS NEEDED to use this guide. This is very important because most of the track has no internet or mobile coverage. The excellent maps work without using any data, WiFi connection, or internet. So it's fast and won't cost you money.
It's very interactive; turn on your phone or tablet's GPS from within the App, then follow the track and you will never get lost again! Also see exactly where to park to take shorter day hikes, where to get water and food, and where the best sights, beaches and attractions are. Note that GPS works everywhere - you don't need mobile network reception for it to work.
Each map is marked up to show you viewpoints, attractions, toilets, places to get water, the best beaches, where to camp and more. Tap any map marker to show much more information about that place.
It's like having your own personal tour guide in your pocket that is showing you exactly where to turn at those unmarked crossroads, and it can be quickly referenced to show you the name of the beach or town you are on or in. It is easier than using a paper guide book or a paper map and compass because you can instantly see where you are.
We suggest which way you should walk the track and give you the distances between campsites or paid (comfy!) accommodation to help you in planning your hike.
- We describe beaches, sights, camping, accommodation and more
- We give you lots of useful General Information to help you make your hike enjoyable and safe
- We include a number of useful first-aid tips for the most common issues you may encounter on the Track
- The guide has loads of beautiful photographs of the Track to inspire you!
- It has detailed maps of hiking trails. With the phone's GPS enabled you cannot get lost!
- It works without the internet. So there are no data roaming charges. And mobile black spots will not stop the App from working (unlike websites and most other Apps)
- It uses very high-resolution maps
- It describes several other hiking tracks and day walks nearby the Cape to Cape track.
- All information has been researched and written by a local of the Margaret River region
- Information is presented relative to your current location, so its very easy to find where you are and how far it is to your next camping area or town for that cold beer or chilled glass of white wine
- Has a useful search feature. For example, search for "shower" to list everything in the App that uses that text
- Quick reference entries show you all of the water sources and the locations of toilets along the track. Activate the GPS to show you how far to your next one
- The guide is simple to use
- This App automatically keeps it's content up to date by periodically downloading updates from "the cloud". You don't have to do anything to make this happen.